Thread: Trigger upgrade for model #12 f-class

bozo699

Trigger upgrade for model #12 f-class

Hey guy's,
    I just got back from Missula Montana's 1000 yd shoot,used my new 6.5*284 f class,it did real well for a factory rifle and a beginner behind it
    but the accutrigger is terrible for that type of shooting! If you close the bolt too fast ( easy to do in competition) the sear drops and it won't fire,I don't want to give up the low trigger pull but i don't want to have to re rack the bolt and get set back up for the shot.Can I buy a GOOD after market trigger for this rifle and if so where?Also I would like to buy a 6br barrel for it, does savage sell barrels or will I have to buy a blank and have it chambered? Thanks for any help in advanced
    Wayne.

82boy

Re: Trigger upgrade for model #12 f-class

Welcome to the site, it is great to see someone shooting competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by bozo699
    I buy a GOOD after market trigger for this rifle and if so where?
    If you want the best than you need a Sharp shooters Supply Evolution trigger (SSS). They are a competition aftermarket trigger geared towards the benchrest shooter. They break at around 2oz. I have one and it breaks at 2oz every time. I have a 1.5 oz trigger on my Bat, and I can tell a difference between the two but they are so very close in feel it is hard to tell. The SSS trigger has a hair bit longer pull, and that is about it. The Evolution trigger is not a drop in it needs to be installed by SSS, but it includes a time and true job. I will say one thing once you get your rifle back from SSS fitted with the Evolution trigger you will have a had time telling it apart from a custom action.

You can get them here.
    http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bozo699
    Also I would like to buy a 6br barrel for it, does savage sell barrels or will I have to buy a blank and have it chambered? Thanks for any help in advanced.
    No Savage doesn't sell barrels, but you can get take off from Jim Briggs at Northland, but I say why waste your time with a factory Barrel, there is many company's that sell aftermarket barrels that put the savage barrels to shame, and at a low price. Northland and Barrel man both sell drop in pre-chambered Shilen barrels at extremely low prices. SSS also sells pre-chambered drop in Douglass, and Brux, barrels that are awesome. You might as well get a aftermarket recoil lug with it as well.