I'm not sure I'm going to do this, but I'd like to know more so I can make an informed decision.

My new Stevens is the only bolt action rifle I own with a blind magazine. I'm OK with that but would slightly prefer a hinged floorplate for ease of unloading. I do not want a detachable magazine on this rifle. I also have no problem with retaining a Tupperware stock, it's a lightweight field gun. I do not want a wood stock on this rifle.

So, what are my options? I think two:

1) I assume I could find a used Tupperware DBM/HFP stock and bottom metal. Are DBM/HFP SA centerfeed Tupperware stocks available for sporter contour barrels? I also assume I could move my current blind magazine over to the DBM inletted stock so long as I have the HFP insert.

2) I can wait for Hogue to finally release their stock and do the same thing.

When I look at Fred's "Magazines & Conversions" tech article, there is a pic of HFP bottom metal but I'm not sure what I'm seeing. Is the HFP insert a plastic ring that fits the rout with the centerfeed magazine body attached and then a plastic or metal hinged door inside of that?

Can anyone point to photos of what the Savage implementation of a hinged floorplate looks like installed? I've never seen one. Is it secure?