Thanks, Biged for the links. Good info there.
It does indeed appear the CCI 400's are on the soft side. However, they are quite prevalent in the small primer crowd. When I backed off the lands, the pressure signs went away. Closer to the lands, and the above pictures with the slight cratering were with 24.0 and 24.5 of H4895. Hodgden recommends 24.0-26.0c. I actually started at 22.0 and worked up. Once I backed off .035, I did not get any craters up to 25.0 and stopped there.
Good question about neck sizing bumping the mouth out of line, but the Lee neck sizing die doesn't utilize an expanding ball(think I got this right, still learning). I do have a very slight out of alignment when chambering a blank case. This was evidenced by the front action screw rubbing on the bottom of the front lug when closing the bolt on an empty piece of brass. Didn't do it with an empty chamber. I filed down the screw slightly and no longer rubs. I told this to Savage today and was told with the floating bolt, that it could be off axis a thousandth or two.
A rat turn in a violin case makes sense.

Creedman, Yes I am crimping my loads. Read many opinions on this over many forums and it is probably a split decision with the edge going to crimping. Talking only 223 here. Once I find a reliable load, I am going to try no crimp.

I did talk to Savage twice(referenced above) with a couple of emails in between. Sent them a pic, and they concurred it is probably a snug throat but not too snug. The rubbed area is partly exaggerated to the slight off center axis of the bolt when chambering. I had the option of returning, but if they found it to spec, it would be my nickel in the end. We left it open and I decide to go that way, it is an option I have.
It appears I will be using well under max load anyway, so I will continue to monitor any pressure signs and stay on the safe side.
Thanks for all of the help.