Thread: 10 fcp-sr question

Basic Member

10 fcp-sr question

I ordered a 10 fcp-sr in 6.5 creedmoor and finally picked it up today. When i got home i unboxed it only to find out it came with a 4 round flush fit magazine instead of the 10 rounder it was supposed to come with. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think they sent the 4 rounder instead of the 10 because of the feeding issues with the 10 round mag? I am gonna contact savage and ask them what the deal is but thought i would ask here for information first. Thanks

Basic Member
    I assume the rifle was advertised with a 10 round magazine? All the 10 FCP-SRs that I have seen lately have stated a 10 round magazine is included, and not a 4. (The models with the Accustock)

Sounds like someone made a mistake at Savage. Definitely contact them. Hopefully, they will send you the proper magazine and let you keep the other one.

Basic Member
    Yes it was advertised with the 10 round mag and has an accustock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfreak210 View Post
    Yes it was advertised with the 10 round mag and has an accustock.
    Yep, they screwed up. Reason why I asked, I have a 10 FCP-SR in a different stock. It was advertised as having a 4 round magazine when I bought it. So some 10 FCP-SRs do have 4 round magazines.

Basic Member
    Well i will contact them and see if they will send me a 10 rd mag. I hope so since that is what i thought i was getting.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post
    I assume the rifle was advertised with a 10 round magazine? All the 10 FCP-SRs that I have seen lately have stated a 10 round magazine is included, and not a 4. (The models with the Accustock)

Sounds like someone made a mistake at Savage. Definitely contact them. Hopefully, they will send you the proper magazine and let you keep the other one.
    I called savage yesterday and they are sending me the 10 round mag. They said i can keep the 4 round as well, so i am pretty happy with that. I went and shot it yesterday and it shoots 140 eld match excellent! The only complaints i have with it is the bolt operates like i threw a bag of sand in my action, and it ejects very weak.