Thread: Couple of 340's

Basic Member

Couple of 340's

Got one in 30-30 plain Jane stock and looks like someone used it for a boat paddle , but shoots Leveroution and Federal 170 gr flat points really good , I mean really well , didn't realize the 30-30 could shoot that tight .
    The other one is in nice shape , checkered stock and in 222 . Put an old Japan made 6-24x44 I bought at a yard sale , on it and no factory ammo I tried shot well in it . So I am guessing it is the scope , one day I will put a proven scope on it and see .
    Any of you have one of these in 222 ? If so , how does it shoot ? Kenneth

The Old Coach
    I had to do a little touching-up of the bedding on my .222. No resin, just a bit of scraping here and there. Have done nothing else. It's about 2 MOA with my own load of a 50 grain Dogtown on top of 23 grains of 8208XBR. Have never fired factory ammo in it. Scope is an old steel Weaver 4x on that stamped Williams mount. Check that mount if you use one. It needs to be bedded to the receiver. I used a piece of printer paper saturated with Loctite. Grease the screws so they don't get glued in. It could also be lapped, but I wasn't energetic enough that day.