Okay so I've completely rebuilt, revamped, and basically paid for this gun twice over to rectify its reputation for being an *******. Hence its name, ******* gun. Was originally a savage model 11/111 lightweight hunter in 6 5 creedmoor. Couldn't get it to shoot any better than 7 shots inside a silver dollar. Which, with the first group and ammo choice was 9" out of the box with tall fliers that would make it an 11 inch" group if i counted them in.

I have cut & recrowned the barrel, cleaned it to perfection, checked and reset the factory headspace that was sloppy, converted the action assembly to still be a bottom bolt release gun in a top bolt release accustock which should've solved the bedding issue, added weight, and got rid of the tupperware stock and also have me a 10 rd mag with DTM. For 200, the accustock/mag combo was a good purchase considering everything it helped rectify plus a bigger mag. I've also machined a one-off accustock recoil lug, swapped the trigger spring to a target spring and polished trigger assembly components. I drilled and retapped the scope bases since 3 of the 4 factory base screws were stripped from the factory and swapped in a one piece base. Found THAT gem out when giving the gun a "once over" to figure out why this gun was "messing around" instead of at least giving me 1 MOA at 100. Tightened the action screws via the alternating increments savage suggested. Mounted vortex glass and warne rings to replace the package deal stuff it came with. Added 2" to my accustock to get my length of pull right on....

And the #&!!!#@??$@..'ER put 10 shots (8 broke clean straight back and 2 I wasn't behind right) in a 1 and 1/4" group after ALL THAT!! TWICE! WITH 2 MINUTES between the first 5 shots and 3 minutes cool down time between the next 5!

I'm at my wit's end and so is my wallet and for **** sure my patience! The only thing I can think of is it's the barrel! What else could I i be over looking? I want to keep the 6.5mm pill and, due to the case angle, rechamber the barrel to another 6.5 mm cartridge? Is that even possible and still be functional in a short action and 308 mag/bolt head? Or just rebarrel it completely for even more money I didn't want to spend.

I was raised working on guns and built many bolt and only bolt guns until I found other interests and hobbie. 15 years later, I've bought my first factory gun out of a store based on savages reputation I learned of long ago and its a dud?! I didn't want to build another custom gun simply due to the time, money, and lack of tools/machines within 2 hours drive at my disposal yet, here I am, having done exactly what i didn't want to do and spent enough to have built a custom gun trying to save this one. I've been shooting Hornady match 140-143 grain ELD-X rounds after trying everything between them down to 120grain pokes. Still not even 1 MOA.

Thanks guys....im all out of answers. Any and all input would be appreciated.