Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Savage 12 LRP

Hi kendo, what was your seating depth?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the same rifle in Remington 260, Nightforce Scope 5.5-22x50, NF rings and 20 MOA rail. Sinclair Tactical Bipod. Hope you shoot well.

kenbo776
    hello bf3...i will have to look at my info. I know I seated then pretty far out.
    This rifle just amazes me ...its my third Savage rifle so far , and all of them have been awesome.

Basic Member
    Took the 12 LRP out today. Shot Norma 6.5 130gr at 100 yards. 3 shot group at 100 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    That will work.

Basic Member
    Agree

Basic Member
    Hornady 120gr ELD Match 4 rounds @ 100. I was having trigger issues with my 12 LRP today. The rifle would not fire after chambering a round. The trigger goes dead or I could hear a click and I could see and hear the cocking indicator Dropping after pulling the trigger. I am thinking the trigger was set to light from the factory. Any ideas what maybe the cause?

Basic Member
    Did those string one direction or the other?

Basic Member
    Up and down. Thinking my breathing.

Basic Member
    I have a semi custom 116 in 6.5x284 and a factory 10fcp-sr in 6.5 creedmoor and the factory creedmoor shoots every bit as good as my norma with factory ammo. Mine really likes the 140 match eld's and the winchester 140 match bthp. Will shoot both of those loads into one hole if i can do my part. Unbelievable for a factory gun and ammo.

Basic Member
    I have the Savage 6.5 LRP and also and had the same trigger issue. I believe I read on here that if you don't get a solid pull, or if you half blade it the blade will trip the cocking indicator but not the firing pin. Since I made a small change to finger position I have not a problem since. And try the 140 gr ammo, the LRP is throated for the 140's and should tighten up for you.

Basic Member
    Thanks

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwayne.james.10 View Post
    Hornady 120gr ELD Match 4 rounds @ 100. I was having trigger issues with my 12 LRP today. The rifle would not fire after chambering a round. The trigger goes dead or I could hear a click and I could see and hear the cocking indicator Dropping after pulling the trigger. I am thinking the trigger was set to light from the factory. Any ideas what maybe the cause?

Yep, it is a light trigger adjustment, if you cycle the bolt slowly it probably won't trip the sear. Doesn't go bang because of the accutrigger. I have one set about 6 ounces and it will trip if you don't cycle the bolt gently or push on the trigger blade with any sideways pressure. You should have gotten the tool to adjust it with the rifle though you will have to remove the action from the stock to adjust it.

Basic Member
    Thank you

Basic Member
    Thank you

Did that fix the problem? If so, how light was the trigger at the time?

Basic Member
    Yes I was able to fix the trigger. I did not measure it before. It was set from the factory. It is now set in the middle. I will measure when I get a trigger gauge. Shot all of this without any issues this morning. It like the Fusion 140 gr and the Hornady 147 ELD Match.

Basic Member
    I have had good luck with the 140 ELD and the 143 Hunter-something. The Hornady 129 and 120 did not do as well. I am not able to find the 147 ELD anyplace. I buy the 140 in 400 lots (2 cases) when it is available.
    I left my trigger at the factory setting as well. I don't have a trigger scale (yet). I am still waiting for a day without gusting winds to shoot. I have been snake bit so far with gusty winds every time I have the opportunity to go with my LRP after putting on the new scope. This weekend is the same, 15 to 30 MPH winds predicted. Out where I shoot seems like being on the water, you know, you add the 2 numbers together for 45 mph for a 15 to 30 prediction.

Basic Member
    Good luck. Hope you will have a good day to shoot soon.

Basic Member
    I took my 12 LRP off the stock to adjust the trigger, now it will not shoot as tight as it use to. Does anyone know the torque specs for the 12LRP with the HS stock. Thanks

Basic Member
    I have had the best luck with 35-40 in/lbs with my savages.

Basic Member
    Thanks

Basic Member
    I went out today and shot my 12LRP 6.5 CM suppressed. 100 yards with Hornady Ammo. Here are the results. Not bad for a factory gun.

Basic Member
    Looks good. How long did the can fiasco take?

Basic Member
    4 months

Butcher
    I took my 12 LRP off the stock to adjust the trigger, now it will not shoot as tight as it use to. Does anyone know the torque specs for the 12LRP with the HS stock. Thanks

Hope this link helps, helped me to consistently average 5/8" with my 10t in .308. A officer friend w/ a 12lrp 6.5 creed averages 1/4-3/8" from 1/2-3/4" before
    this technique (he uses 140gr eld-m set to .030" off the lands). Give it a try, no 2 guns i've tried this on were using the same torque.
    http://www.accurateshooter.com/techn...torque-tuning/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast