Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Savage purchase advice

Basic Member

For what you're talking, I would highly recommend the Trophy Hunter package,

The Nikon scope isn't all that bad, the stock will be fine with sporter weight barrel (which it is) as long as you don't use bipod. In time you might want to change out the scope, but maybe not. I would change the mounts and rings, however.

jweezy
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm also looking for buying advice. I had pretty much decided on the Trophy Hunter XP because I felt it was the best bang for the buck. However someone suggested the Hog Hunter so I took a look and I like the medium contour, threaded barrel and the oversized bolt handle. But I don't like the closed-box magazine and I'd have to buy a scope. I can't decide. Or should I just spend the extra money and get an 10 FCP-SR since it seems to have all the things I like from the Hog and Trophy Hunter but still without a scope.

I think I'm overthinking it and should just go with the Trophy Hunter XP since I'd like to think I'd be shooting at 500-1000 yds but let's be real, I'm just going to be shooting soda bottles in the desert and maybe an occasional coyote here and there.

Cannowg
    Well made my purchase. Picked up a howa 1500 with hogue over mold in 308. I'm not ruling out a savage in the future but I got an amazing deal on thins one and I really like it! Thanks everyone for the time and advice, range report to follow.

Basic Member
    deleted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12