Thread: Accustock swap

Smkymtn220

Accustock swap

I have an accu stock a friend gave me and would like to swap it onto my model 11 varmint model. Has anyone opened the barrel channel up around the recoil lug to make this work without having to swap the recoil lug?

Basic Member
    No experience but here are some things to consider. The recoil lug for the Accustock is narrower and shorter so is you modify an Accustock to accept a standard recoil lug you will most likely weaken the rail in the stock. I would think that to modify an Accustock you would need a mill to make the cut as it would need to be precise as to avoid a step or slope in either direction. Some here have cut the standard recoil lug down to fit into an Accustock, but again I have no experience in performing the task.

Basic Member
    your easiest way is to grindyour lug to fit the stock. I just went through this . had to buy accustock recoil lug,head space gauges , new barrel nut . just measure the recoil lug opening on accu stock and use a dermal and take off a little at a time until it fits

Basic Member
    I picked up my 10 FLCP-SR today and had it apart cleaning it. I noticed that the recoil lug is smaller to fit in between the vertical aluminum to hug the receiver. I'd say get the correct lug or try to trim yours down so it doesn't push the sides out and keeps the pressure the way it was designed.

Team Savage
    I replaced the factory lug on my accustock using a PTG stainless 0.187" parallel side lug. Reference number 5beba80c. I filed the center and corners to fit. Worked for me. Attempted picture attachment. Didn't work.