Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fcp-Sr 6.5 FDE?

K-9Sgt

Fcp-Sr 6.5 FDE?

Does anyone else have this rifle?

WeldNFool
    I have the Savage 10 FCP-SR in 308, not the Creed. Out of the box it's a great rifle.

K-9Sgt
    Great to hear! It will be a while before I get to shoot it. Saving for a decent scope to put on top.

I have the 6.5 in Black. Only complaint is the 10 round mag has to be inserted perfectly. The axis style mags fit for hunting and function flawlessly. Great shooter right out of the box. I through a dnz gamereaper mount and a Vortex viper 4-12x44 on it and slung rounds out to 500 yards on the farm in KY with little effort other then building a little dope and reading the wind 800yards was a little much for me and the scope, but I'm getting better. The accustock is plenty stiff enough for me to shoot off pods and bags. the oversized bolt handle is awesome. The action feels a little rough, but not unbearable. 3/4" MOA was no prob with reloads. Occassionally the stars align and I manage to shoot some pretty nice rag holes.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

K-9Sgt
    Quote Originally Posted by tufrthnails View Post
    I have the 6.5 in Black. Only complaint is the 10 round mag has to be inserted perfectly. The axis style mags fit for hunting and function flawlessly. Great shooter right out of the box. I through a dnz gamereaper mount and a Vortex viper 4-12x44 on it and slung rounds out to 500 yards on the farm in KY with little effort other then building a little dope and reading the wind 800yards was a little much for me and the scope, but I'm getting better. The accustock is plenty stiff enough for me to shoot off pods and bags. the oversized bolt handle is awesome. The action feels a little rough, but not unbearable. 3/4" MOA was no prob with reloads. Occassionally the stars align and I manage to shoot some pretty nice rag holes.
    Mine didn't come with the tac bolt handle. I'll be calling savage to see what they'll do for me. I too have been looking at the Vortex line just not sure what I want yet. My goal is to hit the 1k yard mark. I think I'll be changing to one of the MDT chassis as well.

My cousin has the 6-24x50 viper and it is nice I haven't shot it past 800yards, but it had plenty more to give.

K-9Sgt
    I called Savage to confirm the parts on my rifle are correct. The FDE models don't come with a fluted barrel or the tactical bolt handle like the black models I've seen.

Basic Member
    I have one in 6.5 Creedmoor that shot sub MOA out to 500 with factory 140 & 147 gr ELD match. Waiting on 140&147 bullets to work up hand loads. Can't wait to see what kind of performance I get then.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

K-9Sgt
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondoggle View Post
    I have one in 6.5 Creedmoor that shot sub MOA out to 500 with factory 140 & 147 gr ELD match. Waiting on 140&147 bullets to work up hand loads. Can't wait to see what kind of performance I get then.

Very good to hear! I'm going to start out with the EDLX. Seems like people are having good luck with them.

Basic Member
    Only downside is the magazine issue already mentioned. Since I'm using it as a bench gun no big deal as I can load one at a time.

I bought it with the intention of dropping the barreled action in a MDT chassis but I'm waiting to see how accurate it gets with hand loads and if I decide to keep it in the accustock I'll swap out the bottom metal

K-9Sgt
    Quote Originally Posted by K-9Sgt View Post
    I called Savage to confirm the parts on my rifle are correct. The FDE models don't come with a fluted barrel or the tactical bolt handle like the black models I've seen.
    Well I talked to someone else on the forums and their rifle DID come with the tactical bolt handle! I too am intending on getting either the lss or the tac21.

This is the FDE my brother just ordered. He should get it by the end of the week and I will see if it has the tact bolt handle as advertised.
    https://grabagun.com/savage-100.html

This is the one I bought:
    http://grabagun.com/savage-57.html

K-9Sgt
    This is the FDE my brother just ordered. He should get it by the end of the week and I will see if it has the tact bolt handle as advertised.

This is the one I bought:
    http://grabagun.com/savage-57.html
    Well that sucks I just paid $569.99 for the same fde rifle from them on the 17th

l
    I bought that exact savage in 6.5 from Grab a gun...it has the tac bolt ... but it is different from the "black" version
    Thank You
    Wayne

K-9Sgt
    Not sure why I'm the only one who didn't get the tac bolt but I'm not happy about the price difference either.

K-9Sgt
    Called savage again and was told the large round handle is what's suppose to come on the 22338 rife. Oh well my first savage purchase has not been so great so far.

K-9Sgt
    So I emailed EGW asking info about the rail and this is what they sent.
    Hello

that is a 0 moa Savage Short action rail.
    Made from 6061 aluninum t6 and andoized.
    all US.

if you go to 20 moa.
    I recomend the HD rail, machined from 7075 full cross slots, sturdier, hard coat anodized.
    come with torx screws.

dp2826
    Quote Originally Posted by K-9Sgt View Post
    Not sure why I'm the only one who didn't get the tac bolt but I'm not happy about the price difference either.
    nd
    I wouldn't feel too bad about that price. That is still a good price and especially with a $75 rebate. I paid quite a bit more than you did, but I also bought mine from Scheels.

Did they offer to send you a tac bolt?

Basic Member
    I have it in .308 with the Primary Arms 4-14x44 FFP. At $239-279 for a first focal plane optic and a good one at that, it makes the combination hard to beat from both a price and performance standpoint.

K-9Sgt
    I tried Savage twice and grabagun a second time today. We'll see how they respond but I'm not to optimistic about grabagun

Basic Member
    The other difference is the FDE version does not have the fluted barrel if I am correct. Some consider that a plus according to what you want.

Edit: Grabagun has it listed in the description " tactical bolt handle". You might bring this to their attention.

K-9Sgt
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFretired View Post

Edit: Grabagun has it listed in the description " tactical bolt handle". You might bring this to their attention.
    Oh I sure did and still told me to pound sand!

Basic Member
    Here is a picture of my friends FCP-SR 6.5cm wearing a Trijicon 4-16x50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K-9Sgt
    Quote Originally Posted by dwayne.james.10 View Post
    Here is a picture of my friends FCP-SR 6.5cm wearing a Trijicon 4-16x50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice! That's the same bolt handle I have!

Basic Member
    Mine came with the fat round bolt handle as well,i wanted the longer version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.