Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of scopes you're using?

Stalvan

What kind of scopes you're using?

Hello guys I just got my mark ii today. I'm wondering what scopes your guys are using??? I bought a BSA 4x32 but it doesn't fit at all! Is there any scope costs less than $50?

Hollowpoint
    Take a look at the new Athlon line of scopes. I picked up a 4X14 Illuminated model with some very nice features for under $250

WeldNFool
    I've been looking for about 2 months for a scope for the Mark II I picked up for somebody and I'm going to give this one a try. Nikon ProStaff RimfireII 3-9x40 Matte BDC Riflescope.

Comes up in "best scopes", has great reviews from all the places I've searched and, it's a Nikon. I've looked at BSA, Barska but never get good overall feelings and reviews are hit or miss....kind of how they describe the scopes, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WeldNFool View Post
    Nikon ProStaff RimfireII 3-9x40 Matte BDC Riflescope.
    That's the exact scope I have on mine... granted, not less than $50, but it is a great scope for the money. Luckily, when I bought mine at Cabelas, all they had left was the floor model and the guy couldn't find the box/paperwork, so he let me have it for $95 ($25 off).

Basic Member
    I also have the Nikon rimfire 3x9 on my model 93 17 hmr no complaints . Crows hate them 2 years old held zero from day 1
    Handi204

dogmir
    I also have the Nikon Rimfire on my 93R17 BTVSS. I love it. I did get it when Cableas had a $50 rebate on them. I wish I would have bought a couple of them. Great scope!

I am using a Vortex Diamondback 4-12 x 40 AO with their Dead-Hold BBC Reticle. It's a very nice optic for the price.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have an Athlon Talos 4x16x40 on my BTVSS 17HMR. It's a pretty decent scope but it's not as good my Vortex Viper HSLR 4-16x50 that was on it. Later on I'm thinking about putting another Vortex on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Tpsfoto
    Try the weaver kasper series, 3-9 40, good and under $90.00.....

Basic Member
    Check out the Mueller line of rifle scopes.

Amazon has the Bushnell AR Optics Drop Zone 22 BDC Rimfire 2-7x 32 on sale for $75. It is on backorder but you can order. Great price for a nice Rimfire scope if you are ok with the looks.

Bushnell AR Optics Drop Zone-22 BDC Rimfire Reticle Riflescope with Target Turrets, 2-7x 32mm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ABP4KNM..._p0.VybCJK1KQY

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Right now I have a 4x12x40 Sig Whiskey3 on mine. I am saving for a Vortex Viper PST that will go on my 10FP, then I'll switch the Nikon Monarch from it to the Mark II.

Team Savage
    SWFA love them.crystel clear

Basic Member
    Nikon 4.5x18x40. Love it. Lucked into a low bid on Ebay a year back.

As others have mentioned, you probably will need to spend more than 50$. You should ask what are the best lenses and repeatability that I can afford. You are better off to delay a purchase than to be unhappy and have to spend more later. Of course you can look for something that is super cheap just to be able to shoot and replace it later when you know what you want. rp

mjc-mia
    You may want to look at the BSA Sweet 22 3-9X40 with adjustable objective. BSA made a change to this model and Amazon is selling the old style for $50 with free shipping. From what I can see, the only change is that the old model had the parallax adjustment/focus at the front of the scope and the new model has it on a side knob. Both models come with turrets for 36-, 38-, and 40-grain bullets.

I bought one and after trying it, ordered two more. It's hard to beat at that price, but you should check out the many Youtube reviews on this model.

i have a 4x16x40 centerpoint scope i bought off e bay a couple years ago. it works great and i paid 45 shipped.

valvestem
    When the OP said it does not fit at all, perhaps he had the wrong scope rings?

Basic Member
    I've used everything from 1-4x up to 6-18x. More rimfire scopes from reputable brands will handle the 'normal' limited of a 22. The caliber specific turrets or a bdc is nice.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I second the BSA sweet 22. Had mine for a few years and love it, for the price, you can't beat it.

Basic Member
    Athlon Talos btr, Primary Arms with reticle of choice, SWFA, Vortex all good choices. Really research reticle and turrwts, as in MILS vs. MOS. You want the turrets to match the reticle unless you get a standard duplex reticle. Also research first focal plane vs. Second focal plane. I love tree style MIL reticle because I use holdover instead of dialing because you can get farther, more accurately,cheaper with a tree reticle. That way you can get it zeroed and leave the turrets alone. That way if the turrets don't track 100% accurately (which is likely to be the case with cheaper scopes) you still can use the reticle for accurate holdovera. I take my .22 out to 300 and my 17 hmr out 450. What about your scope doesn't fit? You need to take your scopes objective lense size, ring diameter and height into consideration. Look on snipers hide in the rifles cope section on how to calculate ring height. Also another BSA tactical 6x24 mildot would do the job for you.stay away from Barska and really the stuff Nikon offers is pretty behind the times. Tell us more about what your going to be doing with the rifle as far as use and what targets at what distances min. - max range planned to shoot at.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
    Look on snipers hide in the rifles cope section on how to calculate ring height.
    Or just read our article here:

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...The-First-Time

Savage Buckeye
    I have a Nikron ProStaff Rim Fire on my Mark II BTVSS. It is silver (stainless) and really looks great with the gun. I have 5 .22LR rifles, but this Savage and Nikron scope combination is HANDS DOWN the best of the group in terms of shooting accuracy.

The new Bushnell Rimfire Optics line (ones with side focus) are pretty nice for the money. Haven't handled the 3-9x40 model, but now own both the 3-12x40 and 6-18x40. Definitely better than anything BSA is putting out.

Basic Member
    I read the opening posts and got to thinking "How many scopes have I purchased and no longer use, or no longer have, that cost less than $500? Either sold or just sitting on the shelf unused.

I stopped counting at 10. Several years ago I decided I would buy just one more scope that I would be able to use forever, meet or exceed all my needs, and one with no compromises.

I ended up buying a NF B.E.A.S.T last fall. Yes, it cost a small fortune but funny thing. I'd spent almost 50% more on all the other scopes I purchased. I have two NF Scopes that handle all my needs now on several rifles. A 12-42X56MM NXS for Target and the B.E.A.S.T for any "Tactical/Hunting" use although it's a blast to use for target shooting as well, especially if targets are at unknown distances and quick ranging is necessary.

Something to think of for those who plan on shooting for lots of years and can save up the $$. I gave up "dinners out" for a year to pay for the B.E.A.S.T. Twice a month at an average of $150 per (Nice restaurant, dinner for two, drinks, tip, etc, all added up).

There are a lot of really nice scopes for less money and naturally they will meet the needs of those who aren't into extreme shooting but there is often that feeling of "I wonder what it would be like-------"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast