How often does barrel need cleaning?
    Best cleaning method?
    Will bolt handle from 110 fit the 220?

Thanks

Casey

220 Questions

Torque the front bolt to 50#

Rear action bolt to 40#

Clean barrel with Hoppes every 10 shots, buy a bore snake it works fine.

any standard 110 or tactical bolt hand should work.

inch pounds of course

I believe there is a difference in the bolt handles. Don't think a standard one will work.
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

Quote Originally Posted by EFBell View Post
    inch pounds of course

I believe there is a difference in the bolt handles. Don't think a standard one will work.
    I'll check it out, it comes with a fat bolt handle, to my savage BT. It should disassemble the same way.

Basic Member
    Shot my 220 this evening and it was pretty inconsistent, approx 4" groups with several different brands of slugs. It originally shot the 2 3/4 Remington Aerotips good but I think I fouled the bore. Well I cleaned gun and shot 2 more on the clean bore and they were 1" apart. I guess it needs to be cleaned at least every 10 rounds but it is not the easiest to clean as far as keeping solvent out of places you dont want it. Does anyone have an idea on a bore guide and what are yalls cleaning procedures? I also ordered a Hrdcore Hunting Bolt handle to replace the factory handle. It has not came in yet so unsure if it will fit?

Casey

For a cleaning regime, do the same as you would for any shotgun when shooting saboted slugs. Just like regular shot shells, the bulk of the fouling with a sabot slug is plastic so use the same solvents you use on your shotguns.

Don't know of anyone making a bore guide for the 220 or 212.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Tactical handle fit perfect. Noticed that my particular 220 likes a clean bore. I am unsure when the fouling starts to effect accuracy because these damn slugs are to pricey to shoot up a bunch, but from a spotless bore it shoots good for at least 5 rounds without a fouler shot. First one from clean bore groups with 5th one pretty close. Do have some ejection issues, seems that I need to work the bolt fast and fairly hard to get rounds to eject reliably. I mounted a Burris E-1 lighted retical 3-9 scope and the scope caps are pretty large and they seem to obstruct reliable ejection. I might just change scope out with a Leupold VX2 3-9 which has smaller caps.