Thread: de-resonator

Basic Member

de-resonator

I was wondering if any of you have experience with de-resonators of any sort? I purchased one of Sims and am trying it out and probably won't fire more than a hundred rounds or so a year. I was wondering if you have suggestions how to best use it, and how to find the best placement.. thanks

Basic Member
    Are you talking about a barrel tuner?

Basic Member
    Here's ya a good read... Positive compensation!!!!

http://www.geoffrey-kolbe.com/articl...g_a_barrel.htm

Basic Member
    I bought a Limbsaver de-resonator, the one for heavier barrels (they make two sizes) and hung it on my 26 inch Criterion heavy varmint barrel in 223.

Instructions say to start with it about 1/2 to 3/4 inch back from muzzle (with a free floated barrel) and fire two shots, then continue firing two shot groups while gradually sliding it back and stop where the groups tighten up.

I watched the vertical spread go completely away and turn into a small horizontal spread. So I can report that it does indeed work, but I have not done any more testing since that first outing.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.