Thread: How about a Savage, Short Action, Factory DM with bottom or top bolt release like...........

Basic Member

How about a New Savage Stock, Short Action, Factory DM with bottom or top bolt release like......

How about a NEW Savage Stock, Short Action, Factory DM with bottom or top bolt release like...........
    http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index....tegory_id=1118
    Last edited by Gunner75; 02-21-2017 at 06:03 PM. Reason: corrected

Blackhawk41
    What?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Stock, sorry. Corrected it.

Blackhawk41
    Love it, but if you are spending 400 bucks why not get a chassis like a lss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    We still need the M40 for a long action centerfeed... There are plenty of guys with Long Range Hunters and other long actions that would love something a little more suited for long range since the sporter is the only stock you currently offer for the LA centerfeed... I think there is quite a bit of potential there, and I have personally held off on buying 2 different long action Savages because of the lack of a good composite stock replacement that doesn't cost $700...
    112 BVSS .300 Win Mag, 12 FVSS .308, 110 FCP-K 25-06, 110 30-06

I have to agree with blackhawk41 on this option being the cost and mdt has quite a variety of chassis and there is still pricing. I am right know stuck deciding what would be sturdy enough for my 6.5 creedmoor.

V3G@

Basic Member
    Just finished a little project regarding "chassis stocks" vs "traditional composite", thought I would share some items. My input on this was very open and mostly simply reporting on what input was given to me by customers. To let it be known, I've owned and or own nearly every stock/chassis that has been available. I love some and some not so much.

What I hear the most:
    It's a love hate relationship with chassis stocks.
    The cool factor is always present with a chassis stock.
    Chassis stocks are cold!
    Features are great and the flexibility is nice.
    Often don't have to spend the money on a detachable mag housing as it is incorporated.
    Adjustability!

Many who jumped on the chassis stock for their rifle have choose to go back to more traditional stocks even with added cost of adding a detachable mag, etc. This seems to be something that happens with those who shoot a lot vs the shooter who doesn't as much.
    A few close shooters of mine spent the big money and bought some really great, well designed chassis stocks. Today they opt for a traditional stock simply because it "feels" better in the shooting they do. Both still own those chassis stocks but they are not used as their primary rifle.

With any stock, it's always best to be able to get behind one before dropping the coin if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner75 View Post
    Just finished a little project regarding "chassis stocks" vs "traditional composite", thought I would share some items. My input on this was very open and mostly simply reporting on what input was given to me by customers. To let it be known, I've owned and or own nearly every stock/chassis that has been available. I love some and some not so much.

What I hear the most:
    It's a love hate relationship with chassis stocks.
    The cool factor is always present with a chassis stock.
    Chassis stocks are cold!
    Features are great and the flexibility is nice.
    Often don't have to spend the money on a detachable mag housing as it is incorporated.
    Adjustability!

Many who jumped on the chassis stock for their rifle have choose to go back to more traditional stocks even with added cost of adding a detachable mag, etc. This seems to be something that happens with those who shoot a lot vs the shooter who doesn't as much.
    A few close shooters of mine spent the big money and bought some really great, well designed chassis stocks. Today they opt for a traditional stock simply because it "feels" better in the shooting they do. Both still own those chassis stocks but they are not used as their primary rifle.

With any stock, it's always best to be able to get behind one before dropping the coin if you can.
    That's as clear and perfect ideal option towards the end. I would want to do as much pro and con scenarios as possible that way I can clearly see what purpose of shooting am I getting my self. Last decide which route would lead me not broke limiting me from enjoying the fullest out of my weapon. I hope you are happy with what ever route you decide to go and look forward to the updates. Keep us posted and happy shopping.

V3G@

Basic Member
    Yes, long action please.