Thread: Help with Rifle basix trigger install

eddie368

Help with Rifle basix trigger install

I just got my Rifle Basix trigger [ sav-rat] for my mkii and have been working on it for the last hour and a half.After installing the new trigger it will not cock and and stay cocked when the bolt is cycled with the safety in the fire position.With the saftety in the safe position the gun will cock and stay cocked. but just move the safety slightly forward and it dry fires. I have removed and reinstalled the trigger 4 time while carefully following the instructions to it still doesn't work.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Flint Mitch
    Did you figure it out? If not try adjusting the pull a bit stiffer

eddie368
    Flint I spoke to rifle basix and they suggested that I increase the weight of pull so I turned the screw in 1/4 turn at a time and checked it until I ran out of adjustment ,it didn't help. so they are sending a second trigger kit I should receive it tomorrow. they said that this occurs very infrequently.I should get the second trigger tomorrow.

ejk24
    A guy that I used to work with got a defective trigger from them for one of his centerfires last summer . It was not machined properly and they promptly sent him another and offered plenty of help if needed . Seem like good folks to work with .

eddie368
    I received the second trigger and had the same problem.After cocking the slightest bump caused the trigger to fire,I adjusted the trigger to many different settings but that did not help.Rifle Basix said send it back and they wil refund my money. I guess I will try a apache trigger.

Flint Mitch
    Has there been any previous "work" done to the triger like stoning or polishing?
    Last edited by Flint Mitch; 05-08-2014 at 12:57 AM.

eddie368
    Flint, No the rifle is completely orginal.

Is this a E receiver or non E receiver. E receiver is 7 3/4 in long, non E is 7 1/4 in. Sav Rat was designed for non E receiver. E had some design changes causing trigger not to function correctly. Sav Rat can work on E, need longer pull weight set screw, & weight of pull spring needs bent to fit better.

eddie368
    Short round I returned the basix and ordered a apachee.shouls be here tomorrow.......Thanks

I am interested in the Apache trigger. Is there a picture of it available anywhere ?

Gunpalace

Safety Issue

I know this is an old thread, but believe it is a very important safety issue. I installed this same trigger on a Savage model 25 Varminter and had the same issue causing an accidental discharge. Luckily no one or nothing was harmed, but it was the exact same scenario as described here. The safety felt as though there was a slight resistance. As I took my thumb off the safety (nothing near the trigger) it fired. After unloading the gun (and letting my nerves settle back down), I was able to re-create the scenario causing a dry fire. I had used the trigger a few times prior to this event with no issues. I disassembled, cleaned , re-assembled, and increased the pull weight. I couldn't re-create the issue after that, but I still don't trust it.

QUOTE=eddie368;258509]I just got my Rifle Basix trigger [ sav-rat] for my mkii and have been working on it for the last hour and a half.After installing the new trigger it will not cock and and stay cocked when the bolt is cycled with the safety in the fire position.With the saftety in the safe position the gun will cock and stay cocked. but just move the safety slightly forward and it dry fires. I have removed and reinstalled the trigger 4 time while carefully following the instructions to it still doesn't work.Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]