Thread: chronographs ?

Team Savage

chronographs ?

Has anyone tried one of those new barrel mounted chronos..
    Magneddle speed things....would like to hear about them..

Magnetospeed or labradar

I have.the magnetospeed and am perfectly happy

Basic Member
    I also have the magnetospeed. I don't know how I did load development before I got it.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    I have had the Sporter with XFR since it came out. I have years of excel pages with load data from multiple calibers it works great.

I've owned numerous shoot-through cronys (and cursed every one of them), have used other's Magnetospeed V2's & V3's, and finally purchased a LabRadar. Magnetos are great... light years beyond optical cronys, and would absolutely recommend them. Only issue I have with them is that while attempting to develop a load for a rifle, you can change the barrel harmonics while it's on, potentially affecting group size & POI. IMO, the best procedure is to develop your load, then strap it on to see what that load is doing for your ballistic calculations. Now LabRadar is pricey, but it is to Magneto what Magneto is to opticals... another serious jump. Just set it up, aim at the target, and press GO... that's it. You're getting data during load development while knowing that nothing is affecting your shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Phranque View Post
    I've owned numerous shoot-through cronys (and cursed every one of them), have used other's Magnetospeed V2's & V3's, and finally purchased a LabRadar. Magnetos are great... light years beyond optical cronys, and would absolutely recommend them. Only issue I have with them is that while attempting to develop a load for a rifle, you can change the barrel harmonics while it's on, potentially affecting group size & POI. IMO, the best procedure is to develop your load, then strap it on to see what that load is doing for your ballistic calculations.
    This. Also there is some maintenance items. The exiting powder will begin to blast the leading edge, and you will periodically replace that bit. Not much, but of note.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.