While packing the garage today, pulled down the original box for my 12FV-S today. (model 12, non accutrigger, single shot, long action, large shank, varmint weight barrel, in 223 1:9 twist)

$383.90 + tax. How many would YOU buy at that price? Today?

Side note....I had NO CLUE that this particular rifle would be such an odd duck today. I do know...the barrel sucked for the first 7/800 rounds...it took FOREVER to find something it liked. But, it does shoot rather well now. Still wears the tupperware stock, but has been bedded.

I kind of smirk now.....if that barrel would not have been shooting well...or at least starting to shoot well within the first 100 to 200....it would have came off. THEN...I would have bought a barrel or rechambered to 223 AI, stainless recoil lug, aftermarket trigger, aftermarket or BVSS or VLP stock, EGW 20 MOA base, Burris Signature Zee rings, and bedded it with Devcon....but...as it sits....it is just fine.

My younger brother used it to whack some prairie dogs at close to 600 yards three years ago in Montana. He could not believe that a "little 223" would do that.