Thread: Savage 110e, rebarreling same caliber (30-06) to bigger contour.

elkins_93

Savage 110e, rebarreling same caliber (30-06) to bigger contour.

As the title says I'm wanting to rebarrel my 110e to a heavy barrel and longer barrel. Looking for advice on the best barrel under 600$. Wanting a 26 inch heavy bull barrel in matte color (I despise shiny barrels).

Banned
    Call Jim at NSS. You will have to look at profiles, it sounds like you want either a Varmint or a Bull Contour.

I did a 111 BTH 30-06 to a Bull and no regrets though a Varmint might have been fine as well (Varmint being a step down from a bull, I would call it a Heavy Barrel, Savage calls it a varmint barrel contour.

For pure Bench rest the bull is great, you want to carry it then Varmint Contour is a couple pounds less heavy.

I would go either Shilen or CBI. While I have a Shilen, a couple guys hve both and report equal.

Both shoot equally and both are equally easy to clean which means the bore is lapped.

That does not mean rougher barrel (like my XC and Savage Varmint) do not shoot, they are harder to clean, I don't like a lot of cleaning time so the smoother the better.

If its a Bull then it is a custom order as 30-06 Bull is un-common (some Varmings out there I think, have to ask Jim and he would know which one would come in sooner.

I don't know if you can get bead blast from either one. I like both, had one that way but the Chrome looks really good with a wood stock and blue receiver.