A few years ago I put together a 6X47 Remington on a Stevens 200 action. This was my first time ever assembling a Savage rifle and I had a lot of fun with it. I used a 20" Sin Arms barrel 1:12 twist, but I always felt I should have done things differently shortly after putting that rifle together.

My #1 regret was not using a faster twist barrel, as my 6X47 never liked bullets heavier than 70 grains. Regret #2 was not building the 6X45 for its brass availability, .222 Rem Mag Brass has been in short supply the last few years. I could make the brass out of .204 Ruger but I had to anneal the brass, and it wasn't easy to always find it as well.

Anyway, a little over a year ago I stumbled across two SS 6mm, 1:7 twist 5R, #3 contour blannlks from X-Caliber for the low price of $400 shipped. Right after Christmas I sent one blank back to X-Cal to be threaded for a Savage small shank and cut to 22". I was told it would be about 4-6 weeks until my blank came back, that day is hopefully near.

As I kept thinking about tearing down my 6X47 for the 6X45 build I just couldn't do it. My little 6X47 is amazingly accurate and has accounted for several pronghorn in CO, white tail in OK, and countless prairie dogs and coyotes even with light bullets. So my quest began for a new donor rifle and I stumbled across this Mod 11 for a decent price.

Anyway I'll post more pictures as the build progresses.