Thread: Savage 11 Long Range Hunter .308 accuracy?

Dakotabaker98

Savage 11 Long Range Hunter .308 accuracy?

I was at my local gun store today and found a Savage model 11 LRH in .308. it was marked at $729. Seeing that the price was way low i asked the owner of the shop why it was so cheap. After looking up the price he realised he had marked it wrong and told me if i wanted it he would sell it to me for the $729 price it was marked at. He put it in the back and said he will hold it for me until friday while i do my research and if i decide i dont want it to give him a call and he would put it back on the shelf. So my question is how accurate are these rifles with not having a bull barrel? Will it be capable of 600 yard shots on Texas Whitetail with good glass? I have a Sightron SIII i would put on top with a 20 MOA Base and some steel rings! Is there any aftermarket stock support? I noticed the barrel contacting the stock just slightly at the end of the stock which i can sand out no problem im sure. Also, do you think the gun is worth the buy at $729? Thanks in advance for any and all input!

trentcwwilson
    As far as stocks go, all my Savage actions go into an MDT chassis. I'm currently working on my 1000-2000 yard rifle in 260 Dingo and it's going into the LSS-XL. I can't speak enough about these. Put one on a stock 10 FCP-SR .308 and it shot .4moa without a barrel change.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Yes it is.

And yes its more than accurate enough for what you want it for.

I believe its a Varmint contour or a Heavy Hunter.