Thread: Savage 10ba stealth

Basic Member

Savage 10ba stealth

Have a savage ba stealth in 6.5 creedmoor on order. As soon as it arrives I'm going to swap the butt stock out for a magpul prs. Can anyone tell me if I'm going to have to get an adapter and buffer tube or will I be able to use the set up on the existing stock ?

Well as long as we're asking... Has anyone put a Magpul PRS on a Stealth? Are there issues with it being too long? What is the minimum length of pull? Pictures?
    Thanks!

Hawaiian
    6.5Savageguy has one on his stealth. Here's his post on another forum. I believe he uses the same handle here. Send him a PM.

http://65creedmoor.com/index.php?top...67638#msg67638

Basic Member
    Thanks guys

dirty8
    I ended up ordering an MDT Tac adjustable stock and fixed stock adapter from Brownells. The adapter is on backorder. I was debating about the stock too and other options were Luth-AR and Magpul. You will need to swap out the tube to a rifle tube for the PRS. There will be a gap unless you order the fixed stock adapter.

LEJ76: Here's the website for the fix stock adapter. There is a video that is worth watching here.

https://mdttac.com/fixed-stock-adapter-for-lss-v2.html

Used Luth Ar on Stealth 6.5. Write-up in Stealth 6.5 first impressions. I usd with adapter and without. Adapter looks better and is smoother transition, does increase Length by about 3/4", may make too long to be comfortable. A Luth MAB-3 is a good alternative and thinking of switching, use on a Stealth 300WM with good results. Warning, when removing your buffer tube, loosen hex screw behind pistol grip or you will messup the buffer tube.

Basic Member
    Thanks guys, was doing some reading and the indications are that the prs cheek piece is set a little to far back when mounted on the stealth as is the standard stock the stealth comes with . Am now thinking that perhaps xlr industries tactical buttstkck might be the way to go. Undecided ��

Got to agree about the XLR tactical buttstock. And then instead of the adapter, I would use the folding stock adapter. That would be top shelf mall ninja right there!
    I seriously think that is the way I'll go. I might need a shorter buffer tube to make it work though.

https://xlrindustries.com/products/p...olding-adapter

I have the XLR tactical on my stealth and love it. It's a huge improvement over the stock that comes with the rifle. With an AR armorer's wrench for the castle nut, installation takes only a few minutes. As mentioned above, make sure to take out the set screw on the underside of the chassis. I highly recommend the XLR tactical!

Basic Member
    Thanks will remember that

Basic Member
    Here is mine with XLR Tactical stock and folding adapter. Just scrol down for pics.
    http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...essions/page21

Hawaiian
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmaris View Post
    Here is mine with XLR Tactical stock and folding adapter. Just scrol down for pics.
    http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...essions/page21
    Palmaris, is that the stock buffer tube or did you get a shorter one?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
    Palmaris, is that the stock buffer tube or did you get a shorter one?
    That is original tube came with stock. Only one thing I did-chop off thread partly to get rid of castle nut.

[/IMG]

I did and it does feel long but haven't fired it yet. Cheek rest will probably need modified. I used the MDT adapter and a cheap Midway rifle length buffer tube. I think it made a nice clean look and I'm happy with that.

There is a pic at the link above.

Hawaiian
    Palmaris & 6.5Savageguy, both your Stealths rock. I was wanting to put a folder on mine, but I think I'd have to get a shorter tube.

The only advantage I see to the folder would be being able to store in a smaller/shorter case although it would need to be thicker I would guess. Mine with the fixed adapter is as long LOP as I'd like, I don't think adding an inch to LOP would work for me.

I put a straight 10x SWFA SS scope on since this pic.

Basic Member
    The reason for me to put folding adapter is-in my car's trunk will not accept any cases longer then 42". I have no real choice to carry her with folded stock.

Poolguy

mdt adaptor for 110 stealth 338 lapua

So came across this older thread and now that I have retrofitted my 110 stealth with a magpul prs stock I see where the mdt adapter is needed. I originally put the prs on with out it and was concerned that the gap created would do some damage to the thumb on my shooting hand. It really was a nice cozy spot for it and im fairly sure when you pull the trigger you wouldn't do it twice. I found an ATI scorpion grip that filled in the slot somewhat. It took some creative sanding to make it fit and it still has a bit of a gap. Ill post pics when I get home. The only other thing is that it changes the angle that your shooting hand fits on the hand grip. I ordered the adapter but wonder if it too will change the angle as well as making the length of pull longer. we will see ill post pics. I am also open to any other ideas

Basic Member
    I put the XLR on mine with the folder and the short tube. I makes it so much easier to clean the rifle with the folder.

Poolguy
    well the adaptor came today hopefully tomorrow ill get a chance to install it . ill take pics of what I have on it now with some lop measurements

Poolguy
    Jayhawk.
    I changed out the stock on my 110 stealth for a magpul. I kind of rigged it up to begin with as I didn't like the gap at the bottom of the stock. I just added the MDT stock adaptor on tonight. it did add a bit to the already length of pull so now its around 15.75 to 16 and as every one said the cheek piece seems a bit far back. I have a rpr in 6.5 Creed that I did this with and it fit fine. if I can ever figure out how to add a pic I will post one of the first attempt and the one with the adapter