Thread: A22LR Review from Sootch00 (video)

A22LR Review from Sootch00 (video)

Saw this in my YouTube feed today and thought I would share.

So, picked mine up on Thursday, shipped it to Savage on Saturday because trigger was so heavy. Lightest setting was almost 4 pounds. They said it should get down to ~2.5. We'll see.

Contacted sharpshootersupply and they say they don't sell the lighter spring anymore, to take it lower. Bummer, any one know of any other suppliers? The lady that answered my email said Savage sells them.

It actually shot well for a few hundred rounds and I'm looking forward to more time with it.

I guess this is the problem with buying a new model lol

anyone out there?

As you can see by the limited number of posts in this board over the past two years or so, the A-series semi-auto's have gotten off to a rather lack-luster start. Just looking through the two pages of thread titles I couldn't find a single one pertaining to any trigger mods. This link might prove helpful though...

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=712609

I'm preferential to the 10/22 for semi rimfire, but a friend of mine has one of these. Not a bad shooter at all, and the trigger definitely isn't as bad as that rimfirecentral thread makes it out to be... at least it doesn't feel like it to me. You notice in Scootch's video that disassembly/reassembly can be quite the pain with a scope hanging off the back, especially with big fat fingers trying to re-insert & lock in the recoil spring.... a set of lever-lock UTG rings took care of that. With a 50-100yd rifle, loosing zero isn't much of a concern... it's usually within a couple of clicks when all put back together.

It seems the triggers on these are pretty spotty from unit to unit. The first one I got for review was horrible. The second one was better, but not great. I've tried 15-20 different examples in stores since then and it's pretty much been a 50/50 split on their feeling good or bad.