Thread: HS Precision stock for a 220

HS Precision stock for a 220

Anyone try an HS stock with the 220?
    https://www.hsprecision.com/shop2/ri...-stock-pst129/

long action centerfeed, I think that I read somewhere the bottom metal was shorter on the 220 than rifle 110's?

Don't hold me to this as it's been awhile since I've had my hands on a 212 or 220, but if memory serves me right they have a larger diameter action and the screw spacing may be different. I do know for a fact they're not a drop-in fit for a 10 or 110 stock.

Had to do a little digging, but I found my verification.

Here's a comparison of the bottom metal for a long action, 220F and a short action. The footprint of the 220F bottom metal matches the short action, but the screw spacing of the 220F is the same as a long action. So no, that stock won't work for your 220F as the inlet for the bottom metal would be wrong.

I don't know of anyone making an aftermarket synthetic stock for the 220F, but laminate stocks are available from a couple suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    Had to do a little digging, but I found my verification.

Here's a comparison of the bottom metal for a long action, 220F and a short action. The footprint of the 220F bottom metal matches the short action, but the screw spacing of the 220F is the same as a long action. So no, that stock won't work for your 220F as the inlet for the bottom metal would be wrong.

I don't know of anyone making an aftermarket synthetic stock for the 220F, but laminate stocks are available from a couple suppliers.
    Thank you for the info! Savage strikes again! I was hoping to find a stock with a bedding block.