Thread: Could not help myself

Basic Member

Could not help myself

I retired at the end of December and the guys I worked with for 30 years gave me a gift certificate to Sportsman's Warehouse and it's been wearing a hole in my pocket. You guys understand that. I made several trips to Sportsman's to cruise the isles to try to figure out what I could not live without. A new Savage BTVSS 22 WMR finally won out. Of course the gift certificate did not quite cover the cost, but almost. Then I needed a scope so I was off to one of my fav gun shops to look for a scope. Bought a Vortex 3-9 for it and brought it home.

My bride is not happy. She claimed that I "don't have room for the guns that I have now". Of course she is misinformed, there is plenty of room in the safe for a few more guns actually. AND, I already have a long gun and a revolver chambered in 22 mag so I don't have to start a new stack of ammo. Win win.

Besides, my daughter will really enjoy using this rifle this coming spring to hunt rock chucks with me. Quality time.

No, I've not fired it yet. Weather is not cooperating in East Idaho right now.

Oh the rifle, it sure is purdy.

phshrmn
    I'm suggesting if she thinks you have enough guns, she has no idea how many. So next time just sneak the new one into the safe and carry on. She will feel better if she didn't know and you always want to take care of your bride's feelings.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phshrmn View Post
    I'm suggesting if she thinks you have enough guns, she has no idea how many. So next time just sneak the new one into the safe and carry on. She will feel better if she didn't know and you always want to take care of your bride's feelings.
    She's a US Marine and can read minds. NOTHING gets by her.

phshrmn
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
    She's a US Marine and can read minds. NOTHING gets by her.
    Don't show her my post. I'm afraid of her. Maybe a mod will delete my posts.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phshrmn View Post
    don't show her my post. I'm afraid of her. Maybe a mod will delete my posts.
    hahaha!!