I have recently acquired an Eastern Arms 101-15 made for Sears (Stevens 311/Savage 5100) 12ga. sxs shotgun and I absolutely love the balance, feel, and function of this old girl. It came with a plastic (tenite) stock and forearm which I have learned was common during the war years. Problem is that the butt stock is cracked just below the safety (the wrist?) and I just don't think it's worth fixing a plastic stock when there are good walnut ones out there. The folks at gunstocksinc.com hooked me up with a partially inletted pistol grip type 2 stock that's just great, but now that I've taken the tenite off, I'm finding a stud attached to the receiver frame where the old stock screw went into. They tell me to just remove it and the new stock bolt that they sent will go right in. I've put some effort into it and it hasn't moved. Is there something that I'm missing here? Do I just need a good penetrating oil and some patience? Blowtorch? As a machinist (NOT a gunsmith) I really just want to toss it in the mill and go to town because, that's what I do for a living, but I'd like this to work out and not ruin this really cool old gun. Any help is appreciated even if it's just to direct me to a thread that has already dealt with this.

Thanks,

Jason