Hi All,
New member, 1st time poster here.

Im just a regular guy with with a love for toys and doing things outdoors with friends and family.

Last yr was my first experience fishing for lingcods off the coast of La Push WA, I had a blast. This year my friend and I want to do more fishing for salmon and rock and we want to try hunting. Probably for rabbit, deer, coyote and maybe someday for elk and hogs. I've never tasted Elk but I heard it was delish, I want to try it so bad.

I have a few pistols, built several ARs and purchased my first 22lr this past year. It is a FVSR in a Boyd's stock (I did a walnut stain and installed the apache). This rifle is super accurate and so much fun to shoot.

Lately I've been doing research on a bolt action target/hunting rifle. I want to learn to long range precision shoot but I may try to hunt with it.

I just sold a M&P 9 and a 10/22 to free up some cash for this next purchase. I want to keep the rifle under 700, if less the better.

Here is what Ive been thinking.

1. Found a local guy selling a new 26" 308 varmint barrel that he took off a model 12FV for a hundred bucks. I could then try to find a used action to build around. I've been looking and best prices on used savages seem to be around 350.00.

2. Buy a 12 fv 26" in 308 for 419 at cabelas and build around that. This model doesn't have a detach mag but it looks like there are some options to convert.

3. Dicks 11vt 24" in 308 with scope for 550.00.

4. Cabellas in 10t in 308 for 599, I believe savage is offering a 75.00 rebate. Or I could buy this rifle is 6.5cm and buy the 26" 308 barrel locally to have the versatility of 6.5 cm and 308. Just not sure what else would be needed for the converaion.

Looking for insight, thanks!

Seafoo