Thread: Question for savage stocks

Question for savage stocks

This may be a dumb question, but I would like to know if I could change the stock on my model 12 LRP, with one of the stocks from, say, the model 10 line with the Accu stock, or one of the wood laminate stocks from some of the other model 12 rifles. I like the HS precision stock, however, I would like something that has some kind of a pattern, camo, or even a wood laminate sporter stock if Savage makes one, that I could put my model 12 action and barrel into. Is this something I would be able to order from Savage?

Another member on here, 65Whelen I believe, just had a post on here about his first re-barrel job on his savage. I love the stock on that rifle, and would like a more traditional look for my model 12. At least have the choice to go back-and-forth anyway.

Check out Boyds hardwood gunstocks for a laminate replacement option. They are the best stock for the money at this time in my opinion. Customer service isn't the greatest however.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/

I looked at 65 Whelen's stock and it looks to be the "classic" version from Boyds.

Dupilicate

A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

They say the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask. But replacing an HS precision is pretty questionable and in most cases a downgrade. I do realize that sometimes too much black is just too much black.
    HS precision makes an awesome stock. Just paint it man.
    Sponge camo is super easy and looks pro. Plenty of other easy do it yourself patterns and products including webbing etc. etc.

Here's how I did mine
    http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...l=1#post386660

A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Thanks for the advice guys. I called up savage today, and was told that the model 12 laminate stock on their varmint rifle would work with my action to. Something I could switch back-and-forth with as I please, I suppose. It's an idea.

WeldNFool
    Rattle can and some sandpaper and you can have whatever color you want. Some imagination and time and you can make a killer pattern. H&S are supposed to be one of the better made stocks, from what I've heard. If you have a compressor and a paint gun, your wifes oven for some Cerakote. A lot can be done just using some camo paint and some leaves picked up around the yard.