Thread: Millet 4x16 Illuminated Tactical Scope

Basic Member

Millet 4x16 Illuminated Tactical Scope

I know the saying you get what you paid for, but I truly this scope might be the exception!

I don't own any top end scopes but I have handled more than a few.

I will admit I've only had this scope to the range once. BUT it was impressive enough for me to make my second post here on this site about the scope.

Clicks were better than most lower end scopes by far! The lit reticle is not a feature I've ever liked but this scope has a low enough setting you could actually use it at night. They normally blind me if I dont have some kind of light.

Heavy and solid as a rock. I bought some Millet scopes when they originally started the company and they are all still in service.

Worth a look for buget minded guys...got mine for $271.00 shipped!

Basic Member
    i have one of their DMS-1 1-4x24 scopes on one of my 22lr AR15 training rifles and it works great for its purpose. i bought it a few years back on a clearance at natchez for $139.00 and really like it. glass is pretty good not as good as my steiner military 1-4x24 or my meopta meostar R1 1-4x22 K-Dot but still pretty good. i would buy another one if i could get it for the same price or close to it.

Basic Member
    I have 3 of the Millett TRS-1's. My only complaint is the cross hairs are too thick for small targets at long ranges.

I have a TRS-1 on my deer rifle, and you're right the crosshairs are a little thick for small target engagement at long distances.
    300WSM 26" 1:10 Med. Hvy. Varmit McRee Precision

Basic Member
    As an example, I normally use 1/2" diameter orange stickers for targets at 100 and 200 yards with my fine cross hair Sightron scope, the Millett cross hairs cover the 1/2" dot at 100 yards and I have to use 1 1/4" diameter stickers at 200 to get a slight bit of orange in the quadrants. There's nothing wrong with the scopes (I have 3 after all!) they're very hardy and can take recoil better than the three Vortexes I've returned for replacement. The Millett is a very bright and clear for a $300 scope.