Thread: What's wrong with me?

gill7784

What's wrong with me?

Some of you may recall a couple months ago I picked up my first bolt-action, a Cabelas exclusive Savage 10T. I was concerned about the action's fit in the stock. Well, you all know how the story goes... one more gun, but this one is going to stay stock! I want something simple and cheap to have some fun with. So, the question begs to be asked... what is wrong with me? I can't leave well enough alone to save my life! Two months later, my 10T has morphed into something entirely different, and now I want another project. Here's what she became:

As you can see, I added a MDT HS3 chassis, Magpul PRS with QD sling loops and a MDT buttpad, a TangoDown pistol grip, Harris bipod and Accushot monopod. I love this rifle now, and can't wait to try her out after the thaw. I also chopped two inches off the barrel and threaded it to add a Precision Armament brake.

This addiction is costly, but oh-so-fun! I need to join gunaholics anonymous or something.

Basic Member
    Bit more brave than I am. As far as I'm concerned, other than the three rifles I've posted on here in different posts, that's all I have. I could never photograph whatever else I may or may not have and post them online.. Personal records are one thing..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

gill7784
    Outstanding point Sir!

Basic Member
    Are you looking for a clinical diagnosis or just a brow beating for a opinionated ill informed member in questionable standing?

Don't worry, It's only a mild case of Savageaholicism. No known cure short of being broke.
    Since there's not much you can do about it, you might as well just keep hanging around the enablers here.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Congratulations! You've been infected by the Savage Sickness. And before you ask, no it's not covered by your insurance and having it does not qualify you for disability assistance.

Basic Member
    This is the support group ain't it?

This Savageism is almost fatal. I am just a few days from 72 and don't do much shooting any more, but I am setting here trying to think of another build. If I was able to hunt or do much shooting any more I have most situations covered 2 or 3 times over in the 2 gun safes I have now. I have given my Sons and grandsons and grandaughter several leaving a little space. I could do a build for my for my Great granddaughter who is 9 months old now. That's an idea.

Bythebook do the little tyke (and you) a hornet or 221. Either 22 or 17 or a light 20 something. Just a lot of fun.