Starting to get back into things again after a several year hiatus. Some recent reading here made me wonder about the 110 (30.06) my Dad gave me. I know he got it from a neighbor in trade for some automotive work and that had to be between '67 and '69. This was the first high powered rifle I ever shot.

I pulled the rifle out and confirmed it has a 4-digit serial number, 1071, and the barrel stamp is 16I not J.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barrelstamp.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	280.8 KB 
ID:	2542

Receiver and bolt match.

Name:	serial.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	2544

All original including the metal butt plate as seen here.

Name:	rightside.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	327.4 KB 
ID:	2546

Stock is in decent condition and shows what I'd consider normal wear and tear for a working rifle.

Name:	leftside.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	335.1 KB 
ID:	2545

I remember mounting a scope on it during my late teens, a B&L Balvor 2.5 - 8 (now on my 110E in 7RM). I still have the front sight stored away. Sling studs were added by my uncle after I left home for a career in the USAF. I pestered my dad for years to sell this rifle to me but he always refused and never told me why.

On a whim, sometime between 1990 - 1992 he retrieved it from his brother, gave it to me, and told me he wanted me to have it.

Haven't seen any 110s here with a lower serial number nor one with an "I" barrel stamp so thought some may be interested in seeing this.