Thread: New Savage Site

Banned

New Savage Site

I got the usual message about Not Available and then a link to different

https://www.savagearms.com/firearms/allfirearms/

Upshot seems to be Savage has changed the site and the rifle selection by a lot.

You can't get a list of firearms now, that was one of my primary research and response to people soring though the caliber options and as much info as was provide.

You have to wade through 8 pages. No option to show all on one page.

https://www.savagearms.com/firearms/

Their sort filter is poor, I tried a predator search and it came up with one gun when we all know that there are a significant number of rifles in those predator calibers even if not listed as predator.

I sent a report and protested it.

Basic Member
    I saw that. I'm with you 100%. New site is horrible...

They're evidently trying to make it more mobile friendly. Sadly, mobile friendly isn't great.

Basic Member
    This is absolutely pathetic. Maybe this is a temporary situation. I hope so. In today's tech world with nearly everyone depending on a well designed and first class web site, this falls far short. There are too many companies and tech savvy people available that do this well. Savage appears to have really dropped the ball. I think they used the same person/company that designed Lowe's website. They could take a clue from an Amazon type site.

Basic Member
    What's the MSR? All new web sites have bugs so give them some time to fix it. So far though it SUCK!
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Basic Member
    The new website ( and new rifle design) tells me that Vista Outdoors is getting ready to dump Savage. The big run up in sales has ended, over saturated markets are contracting, and the big corporations that gobbled up all the arms manufactures are ready to move on to the next emerging money maker.

Savage had a brilliant website, especially compared to other manufactures. What I see now is a website tailored to a particular, and very narrow mindset made to attract impulse buyers. Those who will briefly check out the mfg website as they wait in line at the firearms counter of the local big box sporting good store.

I don't think it will be the end of Savage, but I do think we'll see a big downturn in available models, service/support and parts inventory.

Or am I just being paranoid.......again?

Basic Member
    ^^ Eeww, ugly picture you painted. The box store outlook seems spot on.

New site looks great, they just need to add additional filtering options. Seems like they're already on that as there are a few more filter options today than there was a few days ago. Hopefully they continue to expand to make it a little easier to find what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    The new website ( and new rifle design) tells me that Vista Outdoors is getting ready to dump Savage. The big run up in sales has ended, over saturated markets are contracting, and the big corporations that gobbled up all the arms manufactures are ready to move on to the next emerging money maker.

Savage had a brilliant website, especially compared to other manufactures. What I see now is a website tailored to a particular, and very narrow mindset made to attract impulse buyers. Those who will briefly check out the mfg website as they wait in line at the firearms counter of the local big box sporting good store.

I don't think it will be the end of Savage, but I do think we'll see a big downturn in available models, service/support and parts inventory.

I'd say you are just being paranoid.

I'm actually surprised we didn't see the new website sooner given the rebranding they did with the new logo last years as it would have made more sense at that time. A new website is just a natural and logical part of rebranding. We all knew ATK/Vista was going to put their own stamp on the Savage brand.

While the functionality of the old site was nice, I never cared for how dark and dreary it was. The new site is much more inviting IMO, but as noted above needs a lot of work yet in regards to functionality with the filtering options.

Additionally, we wouldn't be seeing Vista put all the R&D into revamping almost the entire line of rimfire rifles for this year if they were looking to dump the company.

Basic Member
    I did notice some shotguns mixed in with the center fire filter. Hopefully, Savage will catch this and make the correction.
    The rims fires are listed by price(like the center fires), and it is difficult to get a feel for the different models in a given caliber/style.
    I am sure they will add the new B series soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post

Spot on.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Team Savage
    What happen to the Store and Part Finder tab? I hope they are going to let us continue to order bottom metal parts (trigger guards, DBM frame assembly, magazine bottom cap and screws) online.
    Last edited by jpdown; 01-02-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    What's the MSR? All new web sites have bugs so give them some time to fix it. So far though it SUCK!
    Savage is coming out with a Modern Sporting Rifle-AR style

Savage factory
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQBHiA78fWA

Testing the AR style rifle
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ4ctHJGv7U
    Thank You
    Wayne

Basic Member
    I was on the phone with them today. CS said that the parts finder will be back, and the website is still under construction. I will have to sign a waiver for EACH order containing restricted parts such as the bolt body I attempted to order today.

Also....the company name has changed...Savage Sports is what they refer to themselves as now, and firearms are made by a spin off company, if i heard correctly in the taped message.

Savage Sports Corporation has been around awhile and was the parent for Savage Arms, Stevens and Savage Range Systems.

Quote Originally Posted by waynef View Post
    Savage is coming out with a Modern Sporting Rifle-AR style

Savage factory
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQBHiA78fWA

Testing the AR style rifle
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ4ctHJGv7U
    Already being discussed in a couple threads down in the Other Modern Savage Firearms board.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    I'd say you are just being paranoid.

I'm actually surprised we didn't see the new website sooner given the rebranding they did with the new logo last years as it would have made more sense at that time. A new website is just a natural and logical part of rebranding. We all knew ATK/Vista was going to put their own stamp on the Savage brand.

While the functionality of the old site was nice, I never cared for how dark and dreary it was. The new site is much more inviting IMO, but as noted above needs a lot of work yet in regards to functionality with the filtering options.

Additionally, we wouldn't be seeing Vista put all the R&D into revamping almost the entire line of rimfire rifles for this year if they were looking to dump the company.

Hopefully Mr. Furious will not be too shocked and have a heart attack, stroke I mostly agree with him! 100% on some points.

Point 1: 100%

Point 2 : Yep, world changes, sometimes we hate it - I am as bad as anyone on most things (digital scales are another story, love em)

Point 3 (too dark): fully agreed, I did like the sort feature and could sift out a lot and satisfy my question, question for other or recommendations with some idea of what the choices were.

Hopefully it gets better. I think its worth sending them a message to that affect.

Point 4: Rimfire: not aware of that, I am starting to think about replacing the CZ 452, not because its not a real good gun, it is, but I am bench shooting and a heavier barrel with a better trigger (only downside to the CZ) would suit my shooting better. We do see the gas model, hmm, already commented.

Basic Member

Savage new website!!!!!

http://www.savagearms.com/

and they did a great job of screwing it up!!!!!!!

Mod note: Merged from another thread.
    Last edited by Hotolds442; 01-07-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1953greg View Post
    http://www.savagearms.com/

and they did a great job of screwing it up!!!!!!!
    +1. I tried browsing firearms and you can no longer use caliber as a search criteria.

Banned
    Well in the shuffle its back on the 110 page but I put in a report to Mr. Furious it should be moved.