Thread: Mount for BSA sweet 17 scope

BRNRGS

Mount for BSA sweet 17 scope

I bought and 93r17 for my son for Christmas and the BSA sweet 17 scope. Had some rings for it and when I tried to mount the scope there wasn't enough adjustments on the scope tube. When I measure the mounting distance it measures 4.5 inches. When I put the rings on the mounts the distance is 4.25 inches. Needing information on what mounts I need to buy for the scope. Thanks for any information

agg5910

Sweet 17

I just went through the same thing and know exactly what you are talking about. I bought the Savage 93R17 BTVS, Stainless bull barrel, laminate thumbhole stock and I also I bought my 3x9-40 BSA Sweet 17 from Academy Sports and the tube length is 4 1/4 inches. The mount length on the gun is 4 3/4 inches. The scope I purchased at Academy came in the shrink plastic. I was disgusted when it would not fit. I knew my local hardware store sold the BSA Sweet 17 that came in a box and not plastic. I was curious if there was any difference. I went by the hardware store and had them pull one from the box and I measured the tube and it was over 5 inches. This scope is a 3-12x40 as opposed to the 3x9-40 sold in the big box store. It cost a little bit more money, but I went ahead and bought it and I am returning the one to academy. I paid around $70 for the scope from academy and the 3-12 that I bought from my local hardware store was $89.

They do make a 1 piece base to fit this gun, but it cost around $40. In my opinion, it is easier to pay the difference in the scope than the base. Good luck....