Thread: 308 FLCP-SP or custom order a 6.5 Creedmore

X-Hair

308 FLCP-SP or custom order a 6.5 Creedmore

Been looking for a good target shooter for a while and have it narrowed down to the FLCP-SP. Need a lefty so options are limited. Have been wanting a 6.5 Creedmore but 308 is the only option without a custom order. Been thinking it would be better to just get a 308 for about $620 and re-barrel it later. WOuld I be better off to order the 6.5 or just get the 308 shoot it and add one or the prethreaded barrels available later. Have a Vortex PST Gen2 on order that will take a month or two so in no hurry.

Thanks.

Basic Member
    Buy the 308 and swap barrels, you will have the rifle you want quicker. Custom work is slow and exspensive and I for one do not have the patience for it.

LongRange
    I say get the 6.5 because that sounds like what you really want...shoot the factory barrel out and you should have a good handle on how it performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I don't shoot cartridges that don't hold any long term interest FOR ME. It's a waste of time and $$$. And I wouldn't want to spend the $$$ for a new barrel and immediately throw it out. Either get a new 6.5 or buy one of the many used left hand actions and build it yourself. A typical Savage build will run under $1k with a aftermarket stock AND barrel, no sense in spending $1k and still have a Savage stock.