Ok now in fairness to the 154 interlocks. I didn't loose any game but if I didnt have the gameness of a pitbull to keep looking I would have.
First kill Large doe 80 yrds aprox. Perfect behind shoulder shot Perfect performance. Deer left great blood trail went 25 yards. - Pass
Next test 3-1/2 yr old Buck Big cowhorn Ive been trying to cull for a year. He was making a scrape 110 yards this time I put it right in the worst spot on the shoulder to see how it did on a bigger bone. At the shot I thought he must of went straight down. Nope! Got to scrape white hair every where. No blood. At first I thought I must have shot low but I was so sure I made a good shot I kept looking. Its VERY thick here and one hop off the road hes gone. I went to the house got my blood light. After 2 hrs of looking for blood I kept looking where they run 95% of the time. Nothing. So I asked God to help me find that beautiful animal and started looking the other way and found him 65 yards in the worse thicket Ive been in this year. Well I get him loaded and the front shoulder is gone flapping! Get in undressed and really start looking. That 154gr bullet complete mess did not poke one hole through the ribcage. The impact must have filled his lungs with blood because the only blood was out his mouth where he lay. The biggest lessons of this were. Never question your shot if you know your rifle and know you hit it keep looking. 2And a bunch of white hair doesn't mean you hit him low. And 3rd if your going to use a cnc I dont care if it is heavy for cal dont count on the bone breaking penetration required for easy blood trail.
Now Again the 154 killed the deer but I could have told myself I just skimmed him if I wasn't so sure of my rife and shot. Next is the 120 gr Nosler Ballistic tip on pigs.they say they are tuff and give pass threws and great damage. So we will test there metal and see if it is hype or not. Happy new year and God be with all of you.