Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
i shoot competitions...i shot 3 a month most of last year...i practice at a minimum of 4 days per month and i live so close to where i shoot it takes me longer to set up my targets than it does to drive to my spot and the most ive ever shot was 6k in a year...now im not saying todd didnt shoot 10k per year but i do know that 10k per year is a LOT of shooting!
as you say you shot 30k a year but you were in school and im sure the school supplied all of the equipment so i could see that because if i had the time and the money i could easily shoot 30+k a year.

so right around 5600 rounds in a week? thats pretty impressive and you must be one hell of a shot with all that practice...and im not saying you havent done everything you claim but i will say i find it hard to believe because as i said above i shoot A LOT and have never come close to 10k rounds in a year through a bolt gun...or 2 bolt guns for that matter.

it happens when ppl post things that are hard to believe.
Not 6 separate 284 barrels, good lord. ONE BARREL chambered in 6-284. Not that hard to do with a 6-284 running fast on turtles, some 6-284 barrels burn in less than 700 rds lol.

Things get hard to believe because many of us live in a bubble. If its not common where we live, or who we hang with then it must be impossible.

I cant believe anything that goes on in NYC, Chicago or LA. All seems like a fairy tale or nightmare to me but hundreds of millions of Americans live like that.

If you want to comprehend shooting 10k a year, get a target rich environment such as a couple of 40 acre ponds full of turtles or a lot of prairie dogs. Prairie dog guys made me look like nothing. They would bang 10K shots in a week.

Stuff you hear on the web is often BS, If I had said I shot 10K and NEVER MISSED....uhhhh at what range sir?

Longrange I appreciate you skepticism AND not openly flipping a gasket like some of your close neighbors, but since proving or disproving how much I shot one year is 100% IMPOSSIBLE either way, I usually look at the meat of the recommendations or advice given and decide if the poster is full of crap or not. I am pretty sure that my post and opinion on the subject will be quite accurate and great advice for someone looking to get into ELR shooting.