Thread: nosler new bullets

Basic Member

nosler new bullets

was browsing and found these. any comments, they are available in 70gr 22cal, 6mm 100gr and there may be a 30 cal not sure.
    chet
    Nosler 6.5MM Cal 140gr RDF BTHP

Basic Member
    They do have them in 30 caliber as well..........175 grain. I have been wanting to try them in my .308. The Nosler RDF bullets are relatively new, and I have found very little information about them. What I have read has been positive though.

Basic Member
    I have some .22 on hand but it's been cold and my weekends have been slammed the last few months.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yes, whacked a few coyotes with the 6.5's already.
    Despite one company claiming "Just the tip", the magic comes from Ogives and tails.
    Left to right:
    120 Scenar, 140 hunting VLD, RDF
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Basic Member

nosler new bullets

I have shot the 140 RDF out to 440 yds in my 6.5 Lapua. Using my 140 hybrid load I got 2.05 mils drop @ 2822 fps.

Basic Member
    Dakker
    did you find them as accurate or more accurate than other 6.5 bullets. what distances have you tried them at.

Chet

Well....

So with the exception of a single lot of Hybrids, I've never found a match bullet that wouldn't "shoot", they just like different things.
    The original Custom Comps get ignored because they aren't "sexy" or advertised well. But they shoot wonderfully, and because I shoot far enough to cross transonic, like them better than Berger for that.

With the weather coyote hunting has been the top priority.
    But I have been able to clang away on a T-post at 600, like we did a few weeks ago in AZ.

WeldNFool
    I received an email the other day from Midway about the new RDF bullets, can't remember the date they had the press release though. I've been shooting the Nosler Custom Competition 300gr in the Lapua for some time and like them and so does the rifle. Bought some Sierra tipped MatchKings and the Nosler looks similar without the tip. Price on them is competitive, 100 rounds, $36 so will be picking up a box for the Lapua and 308 Win to try out.

LongRange
    2017 is definitely going to be the year of the BC race with everyone trying to dethrone berger...LW and i were talking last night and i think that as far as 6mm bullets go in the 308 based(or similar)cases its going to be tough to beat the 115g DTAC...im currently playing with the 110g SMKs and at 100yds they are looking very promising im just hoping they shoot as well out at distance.

and to add to this i am hoping that the prices remain reasonable.

CRIKEY!!!!
    $36?!!
    My friend you need to shop at
    www.shootersproshop.com
    I bought my first thou for $21 for the "cosmetic blems". I'm sure something is "unaceptable" to someone, but I can't see it. I ended up with a pile of Berger Hybrids for the same reason. Walked into Bruno's and a guy was spitting mad because of staining from the washing process.... $25?? YES, please!

Basic Member
    Only place I buy Nosler bullets......

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I've bought many bullets from them as well. They have some good deals.

WeldNFool
    Where is everybody finding the load data for these new RDF bullets? I want to try out the 308-175gr but cannot find load data and I emailed Nosler over a week ago and they have not responded. I've looked at Nosler's website and their load data and I don't see "RDF" listed in the 175 grain section. Am I missing something? Ready to pull the trigger on some more bullets but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.