Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ring recommendation please

cowtownup,

Level the gun in a vise, level the scope loose in the rings, tighten ring bolts in an x pattern to 25 in lbs with thread locker, monitor the leveling as you go. What specific trouble are you having?

Basic Member
    Do the Warne tactical rings only differ in that they have three screws at the top of the ring? Any other differences besides the price?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcoz View Post
    Do the Warne tactical rings only differ in that they have three screws at the top of the ring? Any other differences besides the price?
    I think the tactical rings are Picatinny style only.......meaning they will work on a Picatinny mount, but not a Weaver style. The regular rings are Weaver style. Weaver style will work on a Picatinny or Weaver style base. It is because the spacing on the Weaver is a bit narrower than Picatinny. I don't think the Warne Tactical rings are offered in a low version either. I've never found the need to use the tactical rings, but I do like to use Picatinny style rails because it offers more flexibility when mounting the scope.

Basic Member
    You're right Nic. They aren't offered in a low version. I guess they're definitely meant for mounting on an AR in that case. I would think however, that for three times the price there must be something else different about them. Doesn't matter though. I have the standard version on order from Amazon, but they're out of stock right now.

Basic Member
    I can't tell you why, but for some reason, Picatinny style rings are always more expensive. I use the Warne Weaver style rings in Ultra High on all my scoped AR-15s, and they are not as expensive as Warne's Tactical type. (Yeah, Warne also makes Weaver type rings for the AR too.) I might consider the Tactical style on a heavy kicking caliber, which I don't shoot, or if the price was better. Otherwise the Weaver style works just fine.

Basic Member
    They are just more cumbersome to mount. I like being able to set a scope down in a set of rings... Its just easier IMO...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drybean View Post
    Do not leave out Burris Sig. Zee rings , These will be your best friend
    will not leave ring marks , plus you can adj. the cant
    The Burris Signature is all that I will use anymore, either the original or the XTR. Why put ring marks on a 1000 dollar scope or any scope for that matter, adjustable cant all the way to 40 MOA with the XTRs. And Standard bases.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12