Thread: Don't believe all you read or hear!

Don't believe all you read or hear!

OK so I got a new MDT Tac21 chassis for my action/barrel/trigger in my FCP-SR. Taking apart the FCP-SR, I was surprised to find that the trigger guard and bottom metal are actually BOTH metal. I'd heard and read many times that the trigger guard is plastic, but this is definitely metal. The gun has always been very accurate (7.45" group at 1000) but I couldn't help but get that sexy MDT tac 21 for it! And the scope rail says EGW on the bottom, just FYI.

And I know most people say "you don't need a brake on a .308"... I'm only 178lbs and my load for this is 175 grainers going 2650 out of the 24" barrel and so I thought I'd try Nathan's lil' Beast from muzzlebrakesandmore.com so I'll be posting a review off all this stuff next year...

Anyway, have a happy New Year, see y'all next year.

Basic Member
    OK, I'll say it, "I don't believe you".

Team Savage
    It's true you don't "need" a brake. you NEED a suppressor!

Re: Nathan's Beast from muzzlebrakesandmore.com.....are GREAT !!!! have 2 of them, and will be adding more !!!!

Basic Member
    Nathan is a stand up guy. Great brakes and CHEAP.

Many of the new Savages don't have metal bottom metal nor a metal trigger guard, and come with axis style magazines.

All older savages and New Higher grade savage have metal bottom metals and metal trigger guards.

I have a brake on my 243win and 308win target rifles and I love it !
    The the 243w weights almost 18 lbs so recoil was almost non existent (like a 223 AR) to begin with, but with a brake it shoots better and doesn't move a hair when being shot.

I had a brake on one of my 300winmags but the concussion from the brake was too much so I had to take it off.
    The range I shoot at has the firing line enclosed on all 3 sides, thus the thump from the brake on the 300winmag gives people a headache after just a few shots. That rifle weights also almost 18 lbs so the recoil is not bad at all with out the brake.

I bought the rifle from CheaperThanDirt.com January 2014, one of the best deals I've ever gotten, uses the AICS and Magpul mags. I have a AAC SR-5 on my 10" DD MK18, I love it. It does make a different feel to the recoil though, that is for sure. I do not like the back pressure that suppressors cause, they dirty up the action pretty well.