Thread: Axis trigger?

Basic Member

Axis trigger?

what is the trigger in an Axis?

what is the trigger in an Axis?

triggerus horribilis

It's a non accutrigger with a pretty hard pull (at least 7+ lbs). Checkout the axis II as it has the accutrigger.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    triggerus horribilis

wbm, you won the internet for today.

Red face

It is a simple strong trigger that is very easy to fix for a buck. It is then a very good trigger. See the fix on this site or you tube.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbo333 View Post
    It is a simple strong trigger that is very easy to fix for a buck. It is then a very good trigger. See the fix on this site or you tube.
    I've done the g2 spring mod, overtravel screw and quite a bit of polishing, but I'm still at 3.5lbs.

Seriously considering a RB trigger for mine...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wigglesworth View Post
    I've done the g2 spring mod, overtravel screw and quite a bit of polishing, but I'm still at 3.5lbs.

I think I got my Axis trigger down to 2 1/2 lbs with a ball point pen spring and polishing, but I still went with the Rifle Basix and it is at 14 oz right now. It was pricey compared to the cost of the rifle, but is a nice trigger.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post
    I think I got my Axis trigger down to 2 1/2 lbs with a ball point pen spring and polishing, but I still went with the Rifle Basix and it is at 14 oz right now. It was pricey compared to the cost of the rifle, but is a nice trigger.
    I have a RB in one of my 110's and a factory 3 screw in the other. Honestly, I can't tell much difference between em, when both at 2lbs, but the RB will go under a pound.

Probably a dumb question, but is there an axis/edge specific Rifle basix trigger, or does the SAV-1 fit them all?

Basic Member
    I have a RB in one of my 110's and a factory 3 screw in the other. Honestly, I can't tell much difference between em, when both at 2lbs, but the RB will go under a pound.

Probably a dumb question, but is there an axis/edge specific Rifle basix trigger, or does the SAV-1 fit them all?

I really like the Rifle Basix trigger on my Axis. I just wished it would go lower. It is rated at 14 oz, and that is exactly as safe as I could go and still pass the safety tests. I played with it quite a while to get it set up like I wanted it. No take-up. It just breaks.

The SAV-1 fits other models besides Axis/Edge. Their website says it works for all 110 type Savage rifles.

http://riflebasix.com/product/savage...trigger-sav-1/

I may try their SAV-2 trigger on another rifle later.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post
    I really like the Rifle Basix trigger on my Axis. I just wished it would go lower. It is rated at 14 oz, and that is exactly as safe as I could go and still pass the safety tests. I played with it quite a while to get it set up like I wanted it. No take-up. It just breaks.

The SAV-1 fits other models besides Axis/Edge. Their website says it works for all 110 type Savage rifles.

http://riflebasix.com/product/savage...trigger-sav-1/

I may try their SAV-2 trigger on another rifle later.

I personally like em as low as I can go, but both boys shoot and hunt with my rifles, so I try and stick around 2lbs.

If a factory 3 screw from a 110 would slap right in, in my mind that's the way to go for a hunting rig. Imho, it's the sear ledge being so long that makes the axis trigger so heavy. I've seen where they epoxy shim material on em, but I'm not to keen to epoxy steel to steel on such a critical part. (Just my take on it, I know lots of people do). I started to drill my axis trigger for a sear engagement screw, but gave up when I seen how hard it was.

cam223axis

Is that in or out of the stock?
    I have found it can rub in two place when in the stock. Check the head of the over travel screw isn't touching the stock. Also near the front of the trigger can be hitting the stock. It won't let me post a picture, but look for a rub mark on the black metal just up from the blade part that engages the sear.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cam223axis View Post
    Is that in or out of the stock?
    I have found it can rub in two place when in the stock. Check the head of the over travel screw isn't touching the stock. Also near the front of the trigger can be hitting the stock. It won't let me post a picture, but look for a rub mark on the black metal just up from the blade part that engages the sear.
    That's 3.5# in the stock.

I had to clearance the rear of the stock, as well as the trigger guard for the overtravel screw. I haven't looked at the front. I'll do that next time I have it out of the stock. Thanks for the tip.

Basic Member
    Axis should be checked for safety function as well.

1. Cock
    2. pull safety button rearward
    3. pull trigger hard.
    4. harder
    5. push safety forward to "fire" position
    6. should not "fire" untill trigger is pulled.

Axis often pass the "bump test" but not the "pull trigger with safety on, then turn off safety" test.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx View Post
    Axis should be checked for safety function as well.

1. Cock
    2. pull safety button rearward
    3. pull trigger hard.
    4. harder
    5. push safety forward to "fire" position
    6. should not "fire" untill trigger is pulled.

Axis often pass the "bump test" but not the "pull trigger with safety on, then turn off safety" test.
    Agreed. Bump test alone isn't enough.