A little while back I picked up a Savage 110 in .223 rem. I all most passed it up because I saw that it was a long action and I currently don't shoot/reload any long action calibers but for some reason I found myself picking this one up and rolling it over to see 223 stamped on the barrel. The shear oddity of it plus the the excellent price made it a no brainer to me. After ho humming around I have finally decided I would like to build a 300 yard tack driver around the action for plinking and the occasional coyote when needed. I need to keep this budget friendly so I do no upset the misses. I have a few parts in mind and would love opinions from people who have used these or found better options.

Stock: Dream would be a McMillan A5 used, BUT I also like some the Boyds laminate options as well. I can bed the rifle myself if need be.
Barrel: I am leaning towards a 1:7 twist but I also see 1:9, 1:12 and 1:14. I would love opinions on what people actually use to get a 223 accurately out to 300 yards. I like the price of the EABCO stuff but the only 1:7 twist barrel I see is for the 223 Wylde. I will not be using any 5.56 so I don't see any need for the 223 Wylde chambering. I know the barrel is not where I want to skimp so I am open to other manufacturers as well.
Trigger: Rifle Basix SAV-2, will probably be the last thing I purchase
Scope: Currently have a Burris Predator Hunter 4-12x
External vs Internal mag and bottom metal: I will stick with the factory configuration unless I pick up a used stock that is designed around the CDI bottom metal and I am forced to go that route.

Thoughts and opinions please