Ok, here's the deal. I tried to do a barrel swap on my savage 12FV and I'm pretty sure I killed my action. I think the action is slightly twisted or bent so when I mount the scope I can see it's not parallel to the barrel.

So I'm trying to decide what to do now. The gun only cost me $280 bucks, so I don't know that I'd want to pay a gun smith 100's of dollars to fix it. Another option might be to try to fix the problem, although I don't see how I could get it right. The next thought would be to leave it alone, use a set of millet adjustable rings and adjust the back until the scope is parallel with the barrel. Would this be safe? Would it kill any accuracy? I'm sure there's pressure on the action in the stock which has to affect the accuracy.

I guess I could also just buy a new action, no idea what that would set me back.

And my last option would be to just forget it and sell off all the parts and cut my losses. I'm thinking the brand new barrel is worth about 175 dollars, then sell the all the trigger parts, the bolt, the SS recoil lug. And just stick the bent action back in my closet and forget about it.

Any thoughts?

I find lessons learned the hard way, stick with you and don't happen twice. :'(