Thread: Early 110 long action flat back receiver scope rail

skillganon

Early 110 long action flat back receiver scope rail

Hi Guys

I am new to the forum and based in UK so a lot of things you take for granted are different here. I have just aquired a Savage 110c in .270, the gun must date from around 1966 as the serial number is just a number no letter prefix. The gun has seen very little use as the rifling is still crisp and the woodwork is very good.
    I want to fit a scope rail, the gun is the flat back receiver model and I am having some problems finding a suitable rail, I saw several references to EGW rails and I know these would work but they are difficult to get here. Does anyone know if any of the weaver products would fit, I have looked at several sites but the detail does not cover if it would fit such an early model.

Basic Member
    I installed a weaver one piece base on a 110 flatback receiver (1986-ish), I believe it is a #413 but I'm not certain. It makes loading rounds a little tight but ....

Basic Member
    Found the original package, it is a #413M.

Basic Member
    I have 2 pc Weaver style bases I just took off of a flat back. Unless there is a problem with Customs, you can have them for the shipping

skillganon
    Thank Cowboy that is very kind, there is certainly no problem with Uk customs, not sure about US, I think that if you just declare them as mounting clamps or some such the US post would not notice.
    Do you have any idea what the postage would be, Oh for value mark them as 5$ and a gift.