Thread: Bottom metal for Savage Lightweight hunter (OEM replacement OK)

Bottom metal for Savage Lightweight hunter (OEM replacement OK)

So, I started a project, taking a new lightweight hunter in stainless and making it a semi custom build.
    New McGowen 17" threaded lightweight barrel in 7mm08 and dropped into a McMillan A3 sporter.
    Got the barreled action back today from cerakote and well crap, can't find the factory bottom metal anywhere.
    I have the factory mag, but have been tearing apart the house and garage trying to find it.

Arg

This is supposed to be a lightweight hunting rifle, I don't feel the need for a "tactical" DBM setup.
    I can't find a replacement on Brownells and the Savage parts site is offline.

Any help would be appreciated.

Team Savage
    Call Savage Arms direct and talk to a service representative to order parts. I don't know of any vendors that carry these parts. You will need a metal bottom bolt release trigger guard, the SA metal DBM frame assembly (surround) and the SA metal magazine bottom cap. Your current metal magazine box and follower snaps onto the metal magazine bottom cap. Or you can use your current synthetic DBM frame assembly and bottom cap with the A3 sporter to reduce weight about 6 oz verses going with the metal DBM frame assembly and bottom cap.