I know that Savage recommends 30-35 in/lbs for the action screws and the back screw to just be hand tight (confirmed this last night with customer service).

I don't like having a range of torque values when torquing something and wanted to see if anybody has found the magic number when it comes to the action screws and tang screw. I know every rifle is different but wanted to see what everybody has found that works for them.

I'd really only like to know for a Model 11 (.308 specifically) but would like to hear others if caliber and gun model do not matter as much. The gun also came with the factory synthetic stock.

I am wanting to adjust the Accutrigger and want to get it back to as close as it was from the factory. I did read somewhere that you can mark the screws and then loosen them and keep applying torque until the marks line up and that should be the torque value that it left the factory with.

Right now I can cover a 3-shot group with a quarter @ 100 yards and I want to keep it that way.