I have a savage axis 30-06 with the standard trigger. When I first got the rifle I cut the spring down to have a lighter trigger pull but I am still not satisfied with it completely so I think I am going to try and polish the sear a bit. I do see that they have a Timney trigger but I am not sure if I want to get it.

Now one issue I have with the Axis is the LOP. It is just uncomfortable for me and seems to long which is odd because I have a savage 111 that feels great. I currently have a two piece scope mount on it with a Vortex Crossfire 3x9x40 that seems to be mounted to far forward also even though I can't move it back any more. Does anyone use an aftermarket stock for the Axis or a one piece scope mount with more adjustment? I thought about a boyds aftermarket.

Another issue with the rifle is the feeding. The rifle does not feed from the magazine properly and always jams. I may have a weak magazine spring I have not bought a new magazine to try. Has anyone else experienced issues like this.