HI Group. I'm new to the SavageShooters forum - but not new to firearms. (I'll try to make this short) After much research on whether I should buy my latest Savage BA 110 in .338 Lapua, I did purchase, and have no regrets (so far). From what I read, most problems are from years ago, on extraction problems, bedding problems, the need to polish the chamber, etc.

Question: Are these irrelevant now with a 2015(?) build? Mine shoots .4 MOA, has never had an ejection failure WITH Hornady brass, and is an overall pleasure to shoot. My hand loads are Hornady brass, CCI 250 primers, Hornady 285gn A-Max, with 91.8 H1000 pressed .008 off the lands. (I have Lapua Brass coming)

And while I'm posting, another quick question: After finally finding that "Perfect Recipe"with any firearm, how many of you, when you can't find the same powder or projectile (due to lack of supply), try to match bullet speed (fps) versus doing the whole ladder testing and seating depth all over again with the different components? To save time, I match velocity and have had successful results until the original recipe can be repeated. Just saying.

Thanks for the great forum!

Savage BA 110 - .338 Lapua - Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 4.5x27x56 - Atlas Bi-pod
Accuracy International chassis'ed Remington 700 Sendero 7mm Rem Mag - Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 4.4x27x56 - Atlas Bi-pod
Weatherby TRR RC TAC-Elite .300 Win Mag - Nightforce ATACR 5x25x56 F1 - Atlas Bi-pod