Thread: Strange 219 Forend

gunboat57

Strange 219 Forend

Hi, all. This is my first post on this forum but I'm sure I'll be here often. A few months ago I bought a 219 in 30-30. It was a mess inside and out. But after replacing some parts and cleaning it up a bit it looks only half bad. But can it shoot! With my cast boolit handloads it groups tighter than I can see.

But to get to the point, look at the pictures of the forend. That isn't a 219 forend, is it? Can anyone tell me what it must've come off of?

Can anyone direct me to a good source for the correct forend?

Basic Member
    The metal is correct, the wood looks like a quick and cheap do-it-yourself-er. I say take a rasp and some time and dress that one up.
    Jeff518

gunboat57
    What got me thinking is that none of the parts shown on the Numrich site look like mine. I suspect a previous owner just cobbled my forend together.

Ol Deuce
    Gunboat57>>>>>>>>>
    Can anyone direct me to a good source for the correct forend?>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<^

I have an extra forearm ! for some reason I picked it up and never did a thing with it......^
    hope this is an OK post just helping out Ol Deuce

gunboat57
    Thanks, Ol Deuce.

But my concern with my forend is not so much the condition of the wood. The problem I'm seeing is that the wood is held to the metal parts by just one screw. So when I try to take off the forend and I pull down on the wood, the wood is loosening up on the metal parts.

Maybe it's a newer design I'm seeing on Numrich's website. That design has the wood held to the metal parts by 4 screws. I think that must be a lot stronger. If I got one of those forends, I wonder if it would fit?

Ol Deuce
    You may need to file on the over-center lever.............just so it will snap closed ......Ol Deuce