Thread: FCP10 - SR 6.5 creedmoor bolt and extract issues..

FCP10 - SR 6.5 creedmoor bolt and extract issues..

I bought a fcp10-sr, in a 6.5 creedmoor..20in barrel from my local Field and Stream...My first trip to the range didn't go as planned...I was shooting Hornady 129gr sst superformance ammo...Magazine was a little tight getting into the magwell but I know that would work out after some time, bolt slid back and chambering my first round was normal no issues...The rifle fired and bolt pulled back and extracted spent cartridge...Second bullet chambered , fired with no problem. BUT,,the bolt rotated but would not pull back and extract the spent cartridge. I pulled the mag out , safety on and pointed the barrel up and banged the butt stock lightly on the bench to release the bolt , cartridge came out , primer looked ok,,,I figured it was just this one bullet..I chambered another round with no problem, even pulled the bolt back and extracted before shooting to make sure she was ok..I chambered another round and fired and the same problem ..The spent cartridge was stuck, the bolt rotated but would not pull back..I tried another box of the same 129gr sst..( that's all i had was 4 boxes of Hornady sst superformance ) And had the same issue..So I returned the rifle to Field and Stream to be sent back to Savage...My thoughts were maybe a headspace problem , chamber issue ..or maybe the Hornady ammo..any thoughts would be appreciated ...

Sounds like it could be a primary extraction problem. When you lift the bolt handle, the ramps between the bolt handle and the other part (I forgot what it's called) it begins to remove the brass from the chamber.

I know there's a thread about this around here somewhere. Let me see if I can find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try this. http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...le-didn-t-help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the response,, That was an interesting read..I guess this could be a bolt or headspace issue...Field and Stream is going to over night my rifle to Savage Monday 12/5 , I'm hoping they don't keep it for a month or so and she comes back safe and without problems...