Thread: Defective Nightforce optic conundrum

TMCCOY

Defective Nightforce optic conundrum

I purchased a new Savage 10 predator MAX in 6.5 Creedmoor a few months ago and mounted a cheap 3x9 optic I had while I researched better optics and saved some cash. I purchased from Amazon and fullfilled by Scopelist a NF SHV F1 4x14x50. Upon delivery, found a defect in about the 2:30 position in the outer area of the glass. It appears to either be a crack or debris on the inside of the optic. It's size does not change with magnification. I used CDA to clear both ends of the scope which made no difference. Under no circumstance am I living with it. I've never bought a scope with an out of the box defect like this and especially at $1250, it's a non-starter.

The trouble is, to return it through Amazon, I have to pay return shipping plus insurance to scopelist and then purchase another (anywhere I suppose). I could register it and send it to NightForce which is much closer to me (Idaho) and let the warranty process go to work. What say you?

Thanks!

Warranty with lots of communication about your dissatisfaction in a gentle kind of way.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

LongRange
    Call night force and tell them the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contact Nightforce. I'm sure they'll take care of the issue. Even if you have to pay shipping, it will be easier than having to deal with your vendor.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Basic Member
    Nightforce warranty doesn't play. Even if you dropped it from the space station they will handle it.

TMCCOY
    Thank you all for the responses. I'll contact NF on Monday, my gut agrees with the responses all of which say to contact NF. While disappointing, addressing product quality issues directly with the manufacturer is sensible.

TMCCOY
    Contacted NF this morning and the service to return is as one would prefer; expedited and free. Fill out their repair form, attache shipping label and wait for it's return. Easy enough.

I remember seeing a hunting show on TV once where they toured the NF factory. After checking a scope on a collimator(sp) they gun gave it a couple smacks on a wooden stool,not gentle either. The crosshairs were right where they were before the banging when they checked it. Tough scopes,just wish I could afford them.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Basic Member
    A NF is a perfectly good replacement for a HAMMER, JACK HANDLE, BLUDGEON or SMALL CAR AXLE. And the glass is good too.