Thread: 219 single shot

Ol Deuce

Wink 219 single shot

Hi guys.....I have a 219 in .22H and also a 219 in 30-40K ! The hornet is a fun one to shoot ! The 30-40 kicks like a Mule WoW I don't shoot it much
    at all .....I did have a 219 set 32-20 & .410 ! Funny thing the gun was stamped 219 but was engraved with a Duck scene ! I talked with Rowe Clark
    some time ago about the 219s He was grinning ...... MFG. Error he said but was really interested in the 30-40 . The rifle had 5 proof marks ! In 1959
    he was in-charge of the R&D department and did 2 30-40s and 1 45-70 !!!! Rowe sent me a letter on what I had and sure fun having the conversation
    with him...
    ......Ol Deuce

Wow, Roe's been gone a long time now, and that gun is a treasure in 30-40 Krag. I've heard of 9mm smooth bores that were factory made as well.

To bad you let the 32-20 go, hard find that one.

Right now my set includes 16 ga, 20 ga, 28 ga, 410 ga, 25-20 and a 30-30. I let my 22 Hornet bbl go for some crazy reason and I'm still trying to find a replacement.

Are there any R&D stamps on the Krag anywhere?
    Savage- "never say never".

Ol Deuce
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Wow, Roe's been gone a long time now, and that gun is a treasure in 30-40 Krag. I've heard of 9mm smooth bores that were factory made as well.

To bad you let the 32-20 go, hard find that one.

Right now my set includes 16 ga, 20 ga, 28 ga, 410 ga, 25-20 and a 30-30. I let my 22 Hornet bbl go for some crazy reason and I'm still trying to find a replacement.

Are there any R&D stamps on the Krag anywhere?
    I'll post the pictures of the action & barrel .......Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce

This rifle is quite nice compared to others ! .........Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    There are more stamps on the underside of the barrel,also on the inner left side of the action! the Hornet doesn't have any of that !! Hmmm stamps all over it ; Ol Deuce

Ya, it's loaded full of date codes and proof marks. Never seen one with a serial number on the side before either.

The serial number matches the date code though, I've got other data around 55XX that were made in 1959 as well.

Usually the Chicopee barrels were grooved for a scope on top of the barrel but maybe they figured it's a Krag so why bother, the scope probably wouldn't hold zero on grooves anyways.
    Savage- "never say never".

Ol Deuce
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Ya, it's loaded full of date codes and proof marks. Never seen one with a serial number on the side before either.

The serial number matches the date code though, I've got other data around 55XX that were made in 1959 as well.

Usually the Chicopee barrels were grooved for a scope on top of the barrel but maybe they figured it's a Krag so why bother, the scope probably wouldn't hold zero on grooves anyways.
    Mad-Dog she does have the grooves for the scope mounts I'll try and get more photos of the under side & inside !!!.....Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Deuce View Post
    Mad-Dog she does have the grooves for the scope mounts I'll try and get more photos of the under side & inside !!!.....Ol Deuce
    Mad-Dog For some reason my account is limited and not sure why??? was giving some thought of selling my 219B in .22H Ol Deuce

Basic Member
    Looks like a stamped over 30-30 barrel.

Ol Deuce
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Looks like a stamped over 30-30 barrel.

Yes ...when I talked with Rowe Clark ..he mentioned the R & D guns came off the line and than re-worked.....Proof marks indicate that! Kinda cool on an Ol'Gun

Ol Deuce